My account has been hacked and someone has charged hundreds of dollars on my account!

Charles Bamboo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My name is Charles Bamboo in Second Life.  I noticed some emails about biling in my account someone has hacked into my account and has bought lots of items from my account.  Please reverse these transactions and get to the bottom of who hacked and transferred money from my account.

If you look I'm currently in India.   This person most likely purchased outside of India.   Please suspend Teresa Anatine's account who most probably hacked into my account

Money that was purchased was send to Teresa Anatine. 

3 answers to this question

What to do if your account is compromised

Your account may have been compromised if:

• You can't access your account.
  • You suddenly notice a reduced available balance on the payment source you have on file.

If this happens, contact us immediately!

Here's what to do:

1. Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
  2. On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
  3. On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
  4. Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
  5. Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
  6. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  7. Click Submit.
  8. Check your email for your case number.
  9. Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990.

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once we have concluded the investigation, we'll send you an email explaining our conclusion and the action we will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Account-credentials/ta-p/700017#Section_.5

You should remove that Resident's name because it violates the Guidelines, and may hinder any investigation.

Use the Options tab to edit your post.

Change your password.

• Like 2

Knowl is quite correct.  Please remove that person's name from your post ASAP.

Also, you probably were NOT hacked.  You were scammed.  It's extremely difficult for anyone to get into SL's servers and hack your account, but you can be tricked into giving away your login information.  From the Firestorm wiki...

Phishing scams in Second Life

There has been an increase in Phishing attempts in the last couple weeks and a lot of people have fallen for them and lost their Second Life Accounts.

Phishing in SL is mainly the act of tricking a user into giving their login and password information through fake yet convincing Second Life login webpages.

Here is how it works. 
- Someone posts a link and sometimes text to entice you to click it, sometimes this can be a friend or someone you know (because they've already had their accounts hacked).
- You click the link and it takes you to what looks like a Second Life Login screen.
- You log in using your SL Username and PW.
- You've just been Phished and given someone your SL Login information. They can now log into your SL account, take your money, destroy your SL Property, delete your inventory.. etc etc etc.

How to avoid being Phished

If you have clicked a link, and it takes you to a login page of some kind, no matter how much it looks real... DO NOT LOG INTO IT YET!

FIRST, look at the URL very carefully. The Linden Lab Login URL is
https://id.secondlife.com/ .
If it does NOT start with https://id.secondlife.com/, then it is not a real Second Life login web page. Do not log into it, and DO file an abuse report on the person who sent the link. From the Help menu, Report Abuse.

If you are unsure, go to http://secondlife.com and click on the "LOGIN" at the top right. That will take you to the legit login page which starts with https://id.secondlife.com. Log into that page, then follow the link.. if the link still takes you to a log in widget.. it's totally a scam.

• Like 1

This is a serious problem.  Take action AT ONCE as advised by the other responders.  I also suggest you change your other key passwords and do a full virus and malware scan of your computer.  While it's most likely that the phisher only got your SL information, they may have got it by installing a keylogger on your machine.

And remove the name of the avatar you suspect from your original post, also as advised by others.

Another thing you should do:  Notify the issuer of your payment method (PayPal or credit card) of the fraudulent transactions at once.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.