Stuck initializing!

Krystina Breen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My Merchant Outbox is STUCK "initializing" with one folder in it.  It sent about 7 folders to Marketplace and then got stuck on this last one.  I have let it sit overnight, I have went to the straight SL Viewer instead of Firestorm and it is STILL stuck.  Anything I can do to unstick this?  Any trick?  Thank you. :)

1. Log out of Marketplace and close all Browsers.

2. Close your Viewer.

3. Open the Marketplace website and log in then go to Manage Listings page and make sure it loads properly.

4. Log into your Viewer and remove the existing folder from the Merchant Outbox.

5. Close the Viewer then open it and log in again.

6. Open the Merchant Outbox and wait for it to complete Initialization.

7. If it completes then put one folder at a time into it then send when you have no more than 5-10 folders inside.

7.1 If it doesn't complete then reboot your computer and start again at step #3

ok, tried what you suggested but it won't let me delete the folder in the merchant outbox and won't stop trying to initialize. :(  i restarted the computer and started from step three and nothing is fixing it :(  Hopefully SL will eventually fix whatever is going on here :(

Something I've heard works to fix these sorts of problems is to change your viewers language setting from Default to English (or whatever language you speak natively). 

In Firestorm:  Preferences > General Tab > Click the dropdown menu where it says Language.  Change it from Default to English. 

I KNOW this sounds crazy, but it's an easy thing to try and has fixed others crazy little merchant outbox problems.  I would do it while you are not inworld.  Log off, change the setting, restart your viewer, and log back on again.  See if that helps ya.  I hope it does the trick! 

I crashed when trying to upload some items a few hours ago & its the same for me. Tried everything I could find but can't get it to shop being stuck initializing.. tried several viewers, several languages -- uninstalling, reinstalling, different computers & so on. Hope this gets fixed!

Just a weird thought but ...

Older Viewers like Phoenix will show a Merchant Outbox folder, but it has no Merchant Outbox function. I wonder if you could log in using one of those viewers and then delete the item from its non-functional but visible Merchant Outbox folder.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Just a weird thought but ...

Older Viewers like Phoenix will show a Merchant Outbox folder, but it has no Merchant Outbox function. I wonder if you could log in using one of those viewers and then delete the item from its non-functional but visible Merchant Outbox folder.

Oooo...that's an interesting thought!

I have the same problem: my merchant outbox is stuck since yesterday now.

Tried everything, cleared cache, relogged, rebooted computer, logged in to SL viewer and indeed also changed the language, but nothing helps.

I hope they fix it soon, but at least I know now that I am not the only one!

Fairy.

Same for me.. still didn't stop initializing. Repeated all possible steps for bug checking >_< Was hoping that would work..thank you Darrius Gothly for the idea! Sounds like a new bug.. similar to the one that you can fix with the English setting, only this you can't! =^.^=

Mine is still stuck too>

I submitted a ticket and they advised to uninstall and reinstall the viewer, but that is not it.

I installed the SL viewer and logged in with that viewer, but still stuck. Plus Firestorm on my other laptop has the merchant box stuck too.

It is the Marketplace itself, and I hope it will be solved when it goes offline for maintenance.

Krystina Breen wrote:

oh wait now it started again... ggrrrr

What type of connection do you have to the Internet? Are you using a WiFi (wireless) connection or wired? Are you on DSL or Cable Modem or .. ?

In your Viewer, under the Network and Cache settings, what is your Max Bandwidth set to?

@Fairy Fanshaw - Same questios to you as well.

I have a modem and one computer is wireless, the other is on wire to the modem.

My bandwith is set to 1000kbps and my cache size was on 512.

Krystina, you have not posted for a while: is your problem solved? If yes, can you tell me what the problem was and how you solved it?

My merchant box is still stuck in initializing :-(

No I haven't got it working, been quiet because of things like work and sleep lol.  I think I have given up for now, I don't think this is a problem on our level.  Plus the few items I DID get transfered over to direct delivery caused an issue with a guy trying to buy an item and it never coming for him.  Ended up having to send it to him direct in world.  Yeah this is direct delivery! MANUAL delivery.... sigh

Fairy Fanshaw wrote:

I have a modem and one computer is wireless, the other is on wire to the modem.

My bandwith is set to 1000kbps and my cache size was on 512.

Krystina, you have not posted for a while: is your problem solved? If yes, can you tell me what the problem was and how you solved it?

My merchant box is still stuck in initializing :-(

Just for grins, before you log in, go into Preferences and set your max bandwidth to 400. It may allow the Outbox communications enough extra "room" to finish initializing. Other than that, I'm out of ideas too. It may be time to file a support ticket and create a JIRA (if there isn't already one for it).

smallllll problem:

there is NO Merchant Outbox in LL's viewer in my inventory folder list however,there IS such a

folder in Singularity sooooo

off to Singularity and delete the MO folders from inventory

back to LL viewer and sho nuff bos,NO items waiting to be transfered

waited 13 minutes till i got a "failed,try again later" error

so log in Singularity

delete MO folders

log out

reboot machine along with clearing cache

boot up LL viewer and spin,Spin,SPIN for TWENTY minutes till i got tired of the whole thing and shut down

YES,the My Listings site loads up fairly quickly and is normal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.