Blur Effect!!!

Emil Praga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With the latest update whenever i apply the Lighting and Shadows it gives a slightly blurry effect, and i dont like it, plus it ruins a little bit the AntiAliasing also, its not so soft anymore when checking L&S.

Someone knows how to cancel the blurr and why the anti aliasing doesnt look so soft anymore when using Lighting and Shadows?

I've honestly never come across this problem before, and judging by the lack of responses, it looks like others are baffled too.  I tend not to touch the debug settings unless I know what I'm doing with them; or it becomes like a cat with a ball of wool :catfrustrated:

Maybe if you can upload a screenshot showing exactly what your screen looks like, it could give someone that burst of inspiration.

Not being able to see the blurring it is hard to say what it is. Uploading photos to this forum is a PITA. But, you could link to a image sharing site, Flickr, Koinup, or Photobucket... or a dozen or so others.

If it is a debug setting figuring out which one could be a pain. I suggest you close the viewer and rename your settings file. On restart that will return you to all the default settings for your video card. See if that solves the problem. If it does then it is a settings issue. 

To find which setting... there is a way. Get the free program WinMerge (Windows - you didn't say which you are using) and compare the two files. WinMerge will show you all the differences in the two files.

Once you know which setting you can either merge the settings you want from the old file to the new file with WinMerg or restore the old file and use Debug Settings to change the problem settings.

You will find the settings file here: C:\Users\[win_login_id]\AppData\Roaming\Secondlife\user_settings\settings.xml (Again you didn;t say which OS or viewer so I'm guessing).

Nalates Urriah wrote:

Not being able to see the blurring it is hard to say what it is. Uploading photos to this forum is a PITA. But, you could link to a image sharing site, Flickr, Koinup, or Photobucket... or a dozen or so others.

If PITA means pain in the arse, then I've never found that to be the case. However, a PITA to me is being given links to click that lead me away from the forums.

Anyway, let's hope something in your suggestions helps the OP. I would really like to see exactly what their problem is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.