as a sim manager, i can't create or drop items. what does the owner need to do to allow this?

ShaeShaddo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

the link you forwarded does not say specifically what abilities and permissions a manager is allowed. The sim owner allowed me manager permissions, but i cannot create. the owner thinks that as manager, i should have the same abilities that he does. Is this true, or is this not? if it IS true, who or where do i report the issue to so it can be fixed and i can be able to create and drop items? if the land manager is NOT allowed the same permissions as the owner, what are the manager's limits?

It doesn't include that information because the manager's role is defined entirely by the owner. It's not a standard set by Linden Lab. A group owner can define as many roles as he likes, and can assign any combination of abilities to them that he wants. I am in one group that has four different kinds of managers, each with a somewhat different responsibility. You can look at the group's roles yourself to see what abilities you have. The only person to "report" to is the land owner.

First, you have to be a member of the appropriate group.  Most sims are set to group, to allow only paying residents to rez objects there.

Then, as previously mentioned, your group role has to have the appropriate abilities allowed.

If you ARE a member of the land group, make sure you're wearing that group tag when attempting to rez objects.  Some viewers don't require this, but others do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.