how can i report abusive instant messages i am getting in my SL?

Young Tremmor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

HEllo

i have been experiencing abusive comments for some time from an ex in SL....please can you speak to him to get it to stop....seems he has become obsessed with me and making my sl unhappy and i cannot cope with much more abusive language? please help.

4 answers to this question

Hello Young,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty. This Forum is a Resident only Forum and Lindens rarely reply here.

You need to File an Abuse Report Inworld. I will add a link on how to do that.

You may File a Report for each, or any separate incident.

Harassment is a Violation of the Community Standards.

Report only the facts, avoid personal attacks, stay in honor.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

• Like 3

Definitely file an abuse report if he has been verbally abusive or threathened you in any way.  In addition, you may need to mute him, delete him from your friends/contacts list, delete anything from your inventory that he gave you (it could have a tracking or listening script if you rez or wear it).  If he doesn't leave you alone after all that you may have to leave groups that you both belong to and worse case scenario create an alt that has no... and I MEAN NO connection to your existing main account.  Only you can decide how seriously malicious this guy is, just don't be blinded by sweet talk. take care

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.