What is the trick with Hat

SilkyVv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Any idea whats the trick with the hat?

Whenever its put on, the hair will appear out of it and even by moving the hat to and fro doesnt do any good except the avatar is bald. Resizing of hair dont work either. 

Any tricks to this ? :matte-motes-confused:

Thanx

I chin attach every hat, align them, and always make "hat hair" copies in their own folder.  Since we don't have the local physics to tell hair to smoosh down under a bonnet, it's up to us to manually make those changes. (^_^)

My technique is to wear the hat where I like it, then edit the hair by selecting linked parts.  For each part that still shows, I shrink it without reducing both sides.  If a piece distorts too much or is too difficult to get right, I size it to 0.030, 0.030, 0.030 and bury it in the center of my head. (^_^)

End result is some pretty darned nice looking hats. =^-^=

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

If a piece distorts too much or is too difficult to get right, I size it to 0.030, 0.030, 0.030 and bury it in the center of my head. (
^_^
)

It had never occured to me that there was any spare room in the center of your head. This may explain a few things ;-)

(I use Immy's technique as well).

A polite note or message to the creator, asking them if they can give you a modifiable version of the hair, and explaining why you want to modify it, is your only hope, I think.

I hardly ever buy no-mod hair, but when I do (usually by mistake), I've usually found people are willing to give me a modifiable version if I ask nicely.

• 1 month later...

I agree on everything here...not to jump off subject but I am in the process of creating hat hair (mod/no copy/trans) this is not a pitch either so please dont be offended =)  But again I agree, if you buy something you should be able to MOD it and do what ever it is you want with it..Outlaw no mod items esp with hair and clothes would be a dream come true. The hat hair I make is scripted resize but you can also mod it, given the fact not all heads are the same size, but I want to make sure you have that freedom. To the OP, keep your head up and smile, some of us here are trying to help make a difference =^.~=

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.