Inventory Items not showing up in Aditi?

Raven Quine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last night I uploaded a static pose to try on another shape I have, but when I looked for the folder or the shape, they weren't there. I had sent them to myself from another account earlier in the week and had no problem with the being there on the main grid. Any ideas?

FYI

I'm not that familiar with Aditi, so sorry if it's an easy fix and I'm just too much of a noob on the beta grid to know it. Thanks.

Just make sure you upload what you need in Aditi as you need it.  Since you've got L$5,000 'play' money there it's free. (You're given a L$5,000 balance on Aditi but it's not transferable so restricted to testing uploads, vendors and money-transfers, etc).

[Consider the amount of stuff being added to the main grid all the time.  If LL tried to keep Aditi in sync just the copying task would be huge.  The way it works may not be perfect but it's effective]

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Just make sure you upload what you need in Aditi as you need it.  Since you've got L$5,000 'play' money there it's free. (You're given a L$5,000 balance on Aditi but it's not transferable so restricted to testing uploads, vendors and money-transfers, etc).

Actually with this new system. your entire linden bank gets transfered to aditi after you change your pass word. If you had 100 grand on the main grid you will have the same on aditi after it updates.

Thats what is cool about this system if you run out of cash for uploads on adit,i and you have lindens on the main grid. Just update your password and wait 24 hours and your have money again.

To me the system is perfect

You may run into problems on the ADITI grid. About a month ago several of us changing passwords to update inventories in ADITI started having problems. It is also a way to clean out all the Testing junk. I do developement in ADITI and later upload finished items to AGNI, the main grid. So, an update cleans out the 0.x versions from ADITI and leaves me with the 1.0 in ADITI taken from AGNI.

Once you change your password it takes 24 to 48 hours for inventory in ADITI to update. I rushed it and went in within an hour of the change. That may have messed up my ADITI inventory causing some hangs. When I get around it I'll try again and wait 48 hours to login on ADITI.

ADITI inventory only updates when you change passwords. So, additions to AGNI inventory will not show in ADITI to the next update, which is usually only when you change password. As indicated above, the update overwites ADITI inventory. So, any thing created only in ADITI inventory is lost.

Since the last update I have not been able to get inventory to work correctly in ADITI. Some have corrected the problem by clearing their cache. That didn't work for me.

Anything new I put into ADITI inventory is gone the next time I return. There are JIRA's filed for the problem. My understanding is the Lindens cannot reproduce the problem. That means they can't fix it. If you have the problem start a JIRA item or add to an existing one. Please!

Also some of us have had a problem returning to last location in ADITI. Currently I am never able to return to last location. If I use last location, I land somewhere unpredicable. I am told that if one clears the cache when exiting AGNI and then logs into ADITI last location will work, but I haven't tried that yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.