Posting to My Second Life from inworld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know how to post a comment to My Second Life through my profile.  What I cannot figure out is how to include a picture.  I tried everything and nothing.  I use the current version of Phoenix.  Still cannot figure out how to include a picture in the feed.  Anybody know how to do that?  Any help would be apprecriated.

I don't want it to post to my profile.  I want it to post to my feed.  Or is this another one of those cases where LL can't seem to use the same terminology all the way through a process so they try to make everyone look like idiots when its really them that are the idiots for not using simple, clear, and consice language?

The problem with Phoenix is that it is not based on V3 code.  Its still V1 with a few new capabilities mixed in.  So, your missing out on a number of things.  Try the new release of Firestorm V4.  You can make UI look like Phoenix, but get all the benefits of V3 code.  There is a link to a video on their website that shows you how to do this.  

People that I know that have switched find it just as satisfactory and are actually getting better performance with it than with Phoenix even on old computers.  You should make the leap, because Phoenix will sooner rather than later no longer work in SL.  The Phoenix team has stated that it will no longer be supported and no new releases will be coming out as all their concentration is now on Firestorm.  It is only a matter of time before you will have to switch if you want to enjoy SL for much longer.

• 4 months later...

Funny, these are old posts and in it I am hearing all the hype that went out when Phoenix was the "big thing" to move to... even though it wasn't complete and needed updating about every ten seconds.  Back then they said Emergence was no longer viable but I used it well for over a year until I got personal word of a stable version of Phoenix.  When I tried Firestorm, it played havoc on my and my daughter's computer... and we're not the first or only to have that happen.  So this sounds like recycled hype. 

The safe thing for Phoenix users is to keep using Phoenix until a stable version of Firestorm comes out.  We're not missing out on anything except uploading pics and that can be done via Flickr apparently... we won't die.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.