Looking to get a custom full mesh AV for decent price

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Understandably, mesh is a very difficult process. This is especially difficult when attempting to fit characters correctly. Detail is the key element in clothing material and appearance, which is why I see how people can charge a lot for specific gear to be made.  However, I am not looking to spend more than $30 on a project such as this, and I'd rather keep it lower if possible. If you'd like to help me with my project, I will give you details in SL and we can work out a deal.

Thank you, and I hope to witness your skills.

-Kallaniden Sands

Kallaniden Sands wrote:

Understandably, mesh is a very difficult process. This is especially difficult when attempting to fit characters correctly. Detail is the key element in clothing material and appearance, which is why I see how people can charge a lot for specific gear to be made.  However, I am not looking to spend more than $30 on a project such as this, and I'd rather keep it lower if possible. If you'd like to help me with my project, I will give you details in SL and we can work out a deal.

You want whatever can be created in an hour then.

Is that 30 Linden dollars, or Hong Kong , Australian, Canadian, what?

BUT:  you are asking for a mesh avatar, then say thats difficult to "fit characters".  The problem there is that an avatar IS your character and so when rigged the mesh dictates what fits, not vice versa.  You also talk about "clothing material and appearance".  Does that mean you want clothes made as well as the avatar, or instead?

Kallaniden Sands wrote:

30 American dollars. Not sure why that's laughable.

I'd like a combination of both cothing and mesh. I'd prefer if the majority was mesh, but we'll see.

As I said, for $30 you're asking for a mesh avatar of quality and now with clothing too.

I'm not going to laugh, just that I can assure you it will take a lot...LOT longer than an hour to make all that.  Why an hour you might ask?  What is your time worth as an hourly rate?  This is a completely different skill set from dropping a texture on a T shirt in photoshop and uploading one texture.

Kallaniden Sands wrote:

30 American dollars. Not sure why that's laughable.

I'd like a combination of both cothing and mesh. I'd prefer if the majority was mesh, but we'll see.

Ok - US$30 is much more realistic than L$30.  And you just want system and mesh clothing now, not an avatar?  I'm still trying to understand exactly what you're after.  To be clear - an avatar is the figure, humanoid or otherwise, that represents you in-world.  A "mesh avatar" will completely replace that body.  Mesh and other clothing, on the other hand, would normally be made for a standard avatar.

Ah, alright. I'm looking to get a combination of mesh and clothing. Having the ENTIRE thing made out of mesh would be torture, so I'll spare the creator that task.

I can make a shape for the figure; It doesn't require anything scripted or serve any function outside being an outfit, though I'd like to have it modifiable in the instance I might want to add a feature myself.

Well you need the AV Full Perm and custom, which means no $30.. the cheapest I've seen customs are around 30,000L which is roughly $100.. The normal price for them is anywhere from 60k-120kL, depending on the work put into it, what perms, detail, etc.

Also mesh isn't hard, it's sculpties that are a pain in the arse.

Hello Kallaniden!

While I'm not interested in your project in particular, I have been reading the whole thread and am still entirely puzzled at what you are actually wanting to have created. Hopefully these pointers will help find you the right person for your job.

Before jumping into details of which part should be created in which particular manner, perhaps it would be helpful to sticking with the basics first.

What are you looking to have created? An avi can be anything. Are you looking for a human avatar, an animal, robot, or a walking teapot with arms and legs?

A mesh 'AV' would be a full replacement for the SL avatar, but by the sound of your post you are looking for mesh clothing or parts to outfit an SL avatar? Being more specific, or perhaps even posting a simple sketch or links to reference images will help people understand your request better.

Consider that some artists and creators have preferences in what they like to create at a given time. This could be especially important if your budget is small.

Which skill level are you asking the creator to have, and what kind of quality are you expecting to receive? Beginner, Intermediate or Professional?

What kind of licensing do you require? Is it meant for your own personal use only, an item for resale, or do you require source files and permission to create derivative works under your own name?

What is your expected timeframe and deadline for completion of the project?

What is your budget for the project? Is it 30USD total, or 30USD per hour for professional work?

I'll answer this as best as I can, given the time I have before I have to head out.

I am looking to get a suit of a scientific-looking armor based off a super hero I really like from a game called "Champions Online." Here are some screenshots to give an idea.

Front View

Side View

Rear View

Detailed Head

At this point it would be easiest to start on the armor. I'll find a way to utilize clothing for it. I'm hoping this, as a whole, will cost less than or equal to $30. The skill isn't as important; just the idea that the armor can be made as precise as possible is good enough for me. This would solely belong to me, so having it as "no trans" wouldn't bother me, if that's how the creator wishes it to be.

There is no deadline per say, if there are parts where the project is too specific for that person's abilities, I will be willing to cut the project short and consider the results. I know this is asking a bit much, considering this might not be a person's most valuable or expensive project. All I ask is that, for what I can afford, the person would do as well a job as they could like any other project. I apologize for not being able to spend more for a thing like this, but it's the best I can do.

Weeeeeehaaaaa!  Thank you so much for that.  I was completely failing at getting the OP to explain what they actually wanted.  "Mesh", "Sculpty", "Prrim" or "System" - what they're after, at the end of the day, is a set of clothes - well done for getting that explained.

@ OP: - "Mesh" is a certain way of making objects in SL but it is entirely possible to make what you want in other ways.  If you really want is "this done as a MESH" then fair enough, that's what you're commissioning.  On the other hand if what you want is "THIS done however you can" then that's a different - and probably cheaper question.

Jeny Howlett wrote:

Good quality custom avatars cost between 50-100k L$. I doubt any professional creator will make  a high quality avatar  just for 30$ an hour. You expect too much for too little given the time and work involved.

But we have established that the OP does not want an avatar but a set of custom clothes, albeit with some attachments made from mesh.  Although it's still not a trivial task I'm sure it's withing the range of what several clothing designers will do for L$7,500-odd.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.