Think it's about time to change those deadlines?

Sera Lok

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Agreed, the timeline needs to change. I have been waiting before I upload mine because of past LL endeavors. I saw several products listed when looking for a sculpt earlier that when touched to buy apparently were not migrated correctly. 

I successfully uploaded a single new item and seems to be working,  but am hesitant to do a bulk upload.  I don't have that many items compared to others but sill what I have is time consuming. I am not overly pleased I am forced to have to use V2/3 in order to manage MP for uploads.  While Firestorm is the most palatable V2/3 viewer so far, it still is not the same especailly when it comes to building.  

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Considering that I'm still waiting (along with a lot of other folks) for the release of ANS before I really engage in converting to DD ... I vote "YES" on this suggestion Sera.

This is probably a really stupid question, but what is ANS, please?

And I vote yes as well....actually I vote we keep the Magic Boxes but since that is unlikely....

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

I am not overly pleased I am forced to have to use V2/3 in order to manage MP for uploads.  While Firestorm is the most palatable V2/3 viewer so far, it still is not the same especailly when it comes to building.  

This is my number 1 issue with the whole change.  In my case my PC can't even run the new viewers, much less the hassle of using them.  That is, of course my own problem - currently don't have a newer PC - but I'm glad to see that you would prefer not to use the new viewers either.

BTW, 10 months ago, Brooke posted this, which should still apply

Brooke Linden wrote:

Will Magic Boxes always be available?

Eventually Magic Boxes will be retired, but no firm date has been set. We have identified success metrics and merchant confidence levels that will need to be met before we set dates for this step.

Brooke

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

BTW, 10 months ago, Brooke posted this, which should still apply

Brooke Linden wrote:

Will Magic Boxes always be available?

Eventually Magic Boxes will be retired, but no firm date has been set. We have identified success metrics and merchant confidence levels that will need to be met before we set dates for this step.

Brooke

Yes, I recall that post and hearing that "someday" Magic Boxes will not be used.  Doesn't mean I still don't prefer them. ;)

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

The point is that these deadlines depend on "success metrics and merchant confidence levels"

Ah ok...so the "success metrics and merchant confidence levels" have not yet been met?

Which of course I agree with - in fact, I never imagined something like this could go so badly ~especially~ since it has been in Beta for how long?

>The point is that these deadlines depend on "success metrics and merchant confidence levels"

That was never the point. The point was that the box system, itself, leaves someone personally exposed to some kind of risk that might be more effectively mitigated by shutting down the box system sooner rather than later.

Getting rid of the boxes will probably help get something swept under the rug before the wrong people see it (possibly to include the IRS, for example).

Whoever pushed for the early box shutoff deadline is the first person I think should be investigated for the disappearing money in DD as well.

>I never imagined something like this could go so badly 

I did.

In fact, I think I have a pretty good record at this point of imagining what can go wrong at LL, which you can see from my various contributions on this forum. 

If I thought anyone would read it undismissively, I might even be happy to start talking about the next couple of things to expect. 

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
I never imagined something like this could go so badly 

I did.

In fact, I think I have a pretty good record at this point of imagining what can go wrong at LL, which you can see from my various contributions on this forum. 

If I thought anyone would read it undismissively, I might even be happy to start talking about the next couple of things to expect. 

Josh, I have trouble thinking you will not say what you think is going to happen regardless of what people think :)

eta, sorry for the overuse of the word think. i can't think so well today.

Your criticism might be easier for me to want apply if I had also happened to be wrong about much of anything so far. 

It's sort of interesting to me, though, that you're quicker to criticise me for telling people what's going to happen than you are to criticise them for not paying attention in spite of the fact that I've generally been very correct. 

What's in it for you to have people keep ignoring reliable warnings?

Josh Susanto wrote:

Your criticism might be easier for me to want apply if I had also happened to be wrong about much of anything so far. 

It's sort of interesting to me, though, that you're quicker to criticise me for telling people what's going to happen than you are to criticise them for not paying attention in spite of the fact that I've generally been very correct. 

What's in it for you to have people keep ignoring reliable warnings?

It is not a criticism! I have read several of your posts with growing interest. 

Sera Lok wrote:

I think several of us may be in that situation after the mind-numbing borked listing issue uncovered last night.  I stayed up way too late, drank way too much caffeine, and am over-tired but wired (hey that rhymes!) today.  I actually spent about an hour in SL doing something social earlier and found my mind just blanking at moments.

There shouldn't be ANY deadline for box shutoff , because an important feature shouldn't be scheduled to be removed while there's no foreseeable date at which the thing with which it is to be replaced works at least almost well enough to replace it. 

Isn't that just basic operations logic? Did these people even go to school at some point?

Moreover, a box shutoff date should never have been set because teh DD deployment date also shouldn't have been set yet.

Deployment dates for new features, EVER shouldn't even be set until every single support ticket is closed.

Otherwise, the utility deficit will only increase, due to the accumulation of bugs.

It's simple math, no?

Did these people get their diplomas out of Crackerjack boxes or what?

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Sera Lok wrote:

I think several of us may be in that situation after the mind-numbing borked listing issue uncovered last night.  I stayed up way too late, drank way too much caffeine, and am over-tired but wired (hey that rhymes!) today.  I actually spent about an hour in SL doing something social earlier and found my mind just blanking at moments.

SO true. Yesterday I left my purse in a shopping cart and left it in the parking lot cart bin.  Thankfully it was still there when I got back about 10 minutes later.   I am leaving the computer shortly and going for a sorely needed night out away from all this.

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
It is not a criticism! I have read several of your posts with growing interest. 

Please accept my apology for misreading you.

I assume you can see from my August/September posts why I might still be a little cranky and defensive.

Yes?

Yes (although I wasn't able to read everything).  Apology accepted, my post was not very clear on what direction I was coming from.

I agree that any deadline at this point is not appropriate.  Not after 2 years of waiting for them to figure out current SLM and now everything that is happening with DD.  If they cannot give themselves proper deadlines, why are we getting improper ones?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.