I login, I rez but I can't teleport anywhere!

Kenzie Shergood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have cleaned cache, checked my firewall, checked all my settings, no matter what I do I can't teleport anywhere. I rez and everything, search comes up, but when I click to teleport I can't teleport. this is so annoying. It has worked before. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, clicked on advanced tab after login because there is no advanced selection at login....so I am lost and just don't know what to do to get myself to teleport. that is the only issue I am having. everything else is working fine. 

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Kenzie.

It's possible something you are wearing is preventing you from teleporting. In your shoes I would remove all my attachments and try to teleport again. Common culprits are scripted hair, boots, resizers in these and jewellery, as well as HUDs.

You dont say if you have used RLV. but its common that if you leave a trap in the not right way that your teleports can be disabled. If you have for example firestorm you can check if you have any  active restrictions from a menu command.

Its also possible that a master/mistress has it disabled and forgot tell you. Often as punishment.

If you use a collar you can let your master/mistress check it.

If you have ay other active RLV item you can disable it by turning RLV off temporarily. If that fixes it you know what it is.

There are a number of possible causes. Several already mentioned.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

One possibility is script load, the number and size of scripts you have attached tot he avatar and as HUD's. The easy way to check that is to visit the Market Place and get one of the free Script Counters. Rez it in your home or a sandbox. It will tell you how many scripts and how much memory they are using.

200+ scripts is a lot. Over 3mb of memory is a lot. 

Hair, jewlery, weapons, and shoes are the big problem areas. Hair, jewlery, and shoes have sizing scripts. One usually needs to get those items sized and colored then make a copy of them. Use the copy as a wearable version. Remove the scripts from that copy. There is usually a DELETE item in the sizing HUD or Dialog that removes all the scripts.

Weapons and other game attachments cannot be de-scripted and still work. If you are buying weapons for a game in SL talk to other players about which are the most efficient and lightest script load.

• 8 months later...

I once had a pair of boots that had 200 scripts in each boot, some kind of resizing system.  With that many scirpts, I could almost never TP anywhere.  I fianlly took off the boots, and could TP without a problem.  (the boots are long gone)  

Since then, I've kept an eye on my script count, and I find that once I get over about 200 scripts, TP becomes much more unreliable.  And sometimes in an exceptionally busy sim, I have to take off nearly all my scripts before I can TP out.

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.