Where did I go wrong? Trying to import a simple mesh band.

Myra Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm starting small with mesh, and I've tried importing some very basic mesh shapes into SL. So far I've had no problem with the primary shapes, such as spheres and cubes, but then I got a little more adventurous and made a simple, gold band in Blender. The image below is the band before I exported it from Blender.

blenderband

This blender object has some thickness, but when I imported the Collada file into SL I got this:

slgoldband - Copy.jpg

Where did I go wrong?? Somehow I lost the thickness of the band importing it into SL.

Thanks for any help.

Another tick to consider would be to make sure the top, bottom, and inner ring faces are pointing outward. The faces pointing the wrong way could of happened ff you made the first circle then duplicated it and scaled it down to become the inner circle, and linked the two together. Options in Blinder like, "flip face," and "generate normals" will flip them back out (among others). Although the advice given previously, obviously worked. So I'm just posting this as an alternative tip for you and others. :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.