How do i file a lawsuit on Linden Lab for allowing ppl who has $ get away with defaming others?

Tazmrb1928

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do i file a lawsuit on Linden Lab for allowing ppl who has $ get away with...

1. Defaming me
  2. filing fake reports on me untill im banned for somthing i did not do!
  3. starting a group of trollers to harass me!

the player has done all these thigns to me using alts and groups of players sence 2011.. and i was banned when i started to shout at her for doing all that crap to me and now the abuse appeal team keeps saying "i was banned for ageplay".. tell me how can "shouting at someone" be "ageplay"? LoL =/ 

4 answers to this question

Sounds like you don't have any legal grounds against Linden Lab itself - nothing you've described obligates the Lab to step in and take action on your behalf.

If you choose, however, you can get a lawyer, and file a John Doe lawsuit against the accounts involved. If the court feels you have sufficient grounds to proceed, it can then issue an order for Linden Lab to identify the defendants. It's by no means going to be cheap, however. You'll probably want a few thousand dollars to get the ball rolling.

I doubt that the shouting was what got you banned.

"Ageplay" refers to using a childlike avatar to roleplay sexual activities with a minor, and it is very strictly forbidden.  Linden Lab does not ban people for this merely on another person's say-so.  They review their own logs of chat and IM to make a determination.

You can appeal a ban, which you have apparently done.  Your appeal failed. 

You can file a lawsuit...anyone can sue anyone at any time for any reason, and somewhere there is a lawyer who will be happy to take your money.  But you will lose.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.