Cannot take and send snapshots. Error message comes up.

YelleHughes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have the Phoenix 4.0.1 I guess it's the latest one. I tried to take snapshots but the error message comes up "Unable to upload c4739d73-7c08-e518-c95d-90ed0fb3777b due to the following reason: The server is experiencing unexpected difficulties. Please try again later.

I have tried for two days to take pictures and I still get this message.

Hopefully this will be an easy fix.

Thanks, hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks for the fast response but I tried to log in under the Second Life viewer and the same message came up. I went logged on another computer and the same thing happened under both SL and Phoenix viewers.

3 answers to this question

4.0.1 is not Phoenix.  It is Firestorm. 

Anyway, you will usually get that message if SL's servers really are having a problem with your files.  You might have better luck if you simply move to a different sim and try again.  However, I suspect that there's actually something wrong with the files themselves.  That's the problem on those rare occasions when I get that error. You can only upload images in TGA, PNG, JPG, or BMP format.  Any others will hang up and refuse to upload.  The software you are using to process images on your computer may also have introduced some funky information too.  Finally, you might try rebooting your router, on the off chance that it is somehow misbehaving and needs a swift kick.

Holger is right. Ask the FS/PH support team. This does sound like a viewer bug. 

You can reach the support group in world for an interactive answer. Look for Firestorm-Phoenix Support in SEARCH. Select groups only search. Their team is pretty helpful and nealy 24x7. The group may well provide the best help in SL.

You might also try restarting your computer and taking the picture as soon as possible after restarting. There are some memory leaks and this would minimize their effect.

You might also download the image to your computer first. Then upload it. The cost is the same as saving a snapshot to inventory. The only difference of a save to disk then upload is the image will show as a texture rather than a snapshot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.