ATTENTION! Listings on the Marketplace are borked. Everyone check your stores!

Pearl Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

Darrius, I would like to change my first post (..snip..)  Do you think you could help me with that? 

Soitenly. It's actually very easy. Go to your first post and on the right-hand side you'll see a dropdown link named "Options". Click it and in the menu that opens choose Edit Reply. It will repaint the screen and fill the edit box with your previous text. Just edit it how you'd like and then click the Post (or maybe it's Update ... can't remember off-hand) button to save your changes.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I logged in hoping to see it fixed...instead there was silly advice from LL and things in my store are still messed up...it changes which are messed up.

Why is LL not doing what they need to do and shut down marketplace and fix it.  Too much damage is being caused and keeping it live will not make fixing easy, I am certain.

Nor has LL given us the 'cause' that they are aware of.

I hope they will be extending the date to move to DD, as I will not be doing anything with marketplace until it is fixed and stable for at least a week.

Hi Darrius, sorry, I didn't explaing myself well. I know how to edit the post, what I would like your help with is the text, since you are so good at it :-)

I changed the title already so people would pay attention as this is no longer my cry for help. When I first posted I thought I was alone in this and even thought someone was hacking my marketplace account or something and messing up my listings. I was totally confused and desperate.

Ahhh .. LOL Now I understand. I certainly will try to help. Send me a PM through the forums here with the topics you want to cover and I'll write up some background text to flesh them out, then send it back to you for final review and "tweaking". Sound good to you?

Good thinking. And hey your not alone

Seems to be that allot of store owners are still unaware of what has happened and happening. I've been doing some browsing around the MP and discovered that not every one is affected. It seems that both Magic box and DD are affected.

What’s really interesting is that the stores that are affected you can follow the Store links that aren’t supposed to be there and find an almost spider web effect of complete destruction. Some stores have more than 20 different creators listed with every 3rd to 10th product completely changed.

And you are right if you follow some changed items to there original store. There store will look perfectly fine and they will never know if there item is showing up on some one else’s MP store with a different picture / price.

I think the people that do not know there stores are affected need to know and I think it is Linden Labs responsibly to do so its time to get the message out publicly.

Looking at the mess now I can thank god I only have 4 items that are affected Fingers crossed no more appear. And I feel so so sorry for those people that MP stores are a complete and total mess.

I just checked all 37 pages of my store and everything still seems to be correct.  I am watching everything like a freaking hawk. 

FYI - I mentioned my business partner who is in a coma in few days ago.  I found out this morning that he passed away overnight.  I just hope there was family around him when he died.  This is a sad sad day for me.  :(

Rotten India:  Born 03/02/2009, Died 03/30/2012

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

I just checked all 37 pages of my store and everything still seems to be correct.  I am watching everything like a freaking hawk. 

FYI - I mentioned my business partner who is in a coma in few days ago.  I found out this morning that he passed away overnight.  I just hope there was family around him when he died.  This is a sad sad day for me. 
:(

Sorry to hear.  Yes - hope he did have loved ones around him RL during these last days.

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

FYI - I mentioned my business partner who is in a coma in few days ago.  I found out this morning that he passed away overnight.  I just hope there was family around him when he died.  This is a sad sad day for me. 

I am so very sorry. 

Update - There has been an interesting change on the borked MP listing that I tried to edit per the info from CTL.  The borked listing is still in my listings, BUT the same listing is also there in its correct form.  Two listings for the same item - one wrong, one correct.  A tiny bit of progress.

When this first began I sent my group a notice of what was happening and advised to not purchase my items from the MP until this is fixed.  I have a similar statement on the SL part of my profile.  In an attempt to let the forum-reading population know I posted this:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/FYI-On-The-Marketplace-Listings/td-p/1457887

It only got two responses but 149 looks, so hopefully a few more people are clued in - and tell their friends.

Reading the jira this morning and seeing that someone has been accused of stealing from another merchant plus intellectual property issues is another indicator (as if we didn't already know) how EXTREMELY serious this whole debacle is.

On the plus side, through this situation and all the posting I've met some great merchants/people here with whom I may never have had opportunity to interact.  Last night I logged into SL and pulled up profiles to see what various merchants here sell.  I was fascinated by the creativity and plan on doing some in-world shopping. :)

I'm really sorry Marcus! My heart goes out to you.

That's very sad Marcus, please accept my condolences for your loss.

FYI there is a memorial park where you can go & light a candle & set it out in the ocean. One of the nicer things that LL has done. I know I found it comforting to be able to go & perform this gesture when I lost someone. There's a LM in my profile picks if you are interested.

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

Merchants,

We are aware of the issues reported in
where an incorrect image is associated with a Marketplace listing or other listing information is inaccurate. We are working on this issue and will provide an update as soon as possible.

In the meantime, merchants experiencing this may do the following:
  1. Delete any image(s) that do not belong to the listing.
  2. Upload any image(s) you’d like to associate with the listing.
  3. Remove any Related Items that should not be associated with the listing.

Stay tuned and thanks for your patience.

The Commerce Team

Clearly the problem is not even understood at your end at present, as this doesn't even cover all the phenomena being experienced. Please just roll back to a working version and then work out what's wrong in your own time.

Mixing up the integrity of actual product listings is not tolerable at all.

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

beati qui lugent: quoniam ipsi consolabuntur

So, I went online and there was a notecard from a Linden waiting for me. She wanted me to submit a ticket with details explaining why I couldn't edit my listings.  Ok, I took screenshots, and submited two tickets explaining what was happening and attached 5 pictures.The Linden who contacted me asked me to let her know when I submited the ticket so she could look into it. I sent her the notecard with the ticket numbers and the answers I got in my email almost immediately after I submited the tickets.

Please.. tell me Dakota didn't tell me the other merchant has to edit their picture in order to get it right in my product!

Case: 01381041
Type: General Marketplace Issues
Hello Pearl Vollmar,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support regarding another merchants products showing your image on their listing.

The other merchant must edit their own product listing and change the image.

Regards,

Dakota Linden

Case: 01381043
Type: General Marketplace Issues
Hello Pearl Vollmar,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support regarding an issue with Search returns showing invalid information on the Second Life Marketplace web site.

There is an issue with corrupted search information and the Dev Team is actively working to address the issue.

Another users products are showing up under your Marketplace store with one of your product images on the other merchants listing.

If one of your products is found to have another sellers image, you can edit the listing to delete the incorrect image and re-upload the correct image for the product.

Please also check the Related Items section to ensure that any related items linked to your product listing as correct and appropriate and do not belong to another merchant.

Regards,

Dakota Linden

The advice to edit remains inadequate.

Is a merchant really supposed to scour every listing all day long?  Some merchants have hundreds, thousands of listings.

Does editing stop it happening again?  If so, what's the point continually putting it back.

Further, if the error is a "search", that's a SQL SELECT with JOIN's.  Why then does editing the listing which will perform a SQL UPDATE fix a SQL SELECT? 

It's very fishy, if it's just a SELECT query, then performing an UPDATE appears to be masking something more serious.  Confidence isn't high at the moment.

Exactly Sassy, I have loads of products too.  And to ask me to contact the other merchant? I have no idea who sells that cowboy hat or that green dress that shows in my storefront.  And why should we have to correct them ourselves. 

I think I'm just going to delete the ones I have access to, take them from the magic box and wait till this mess is over to relist them. 

I still hope the Linden who contact me inworld will be able to fix this. I'm tired...

The assumption would be that anything search can be rebuilt as well, which wouldn't need manual merchant care. And it wouldn't need merchant attention unless there's no longer a way to reassociate those wrong records back to their rightful place.

Probably best not to call a corruption problem a search problem.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

The assumption would be that anything search can be rebuilt as well, which wouldn't need manual merchant care. And it wouldn't need merchant attention unless there's no longer a way to reassociate those wrong records back to their rightful place.

Probably best not to call a corruption problem a search problem.

Best thing I can think of is selective rollbacks only for the merchants that request them.  Otherwise just think of all the changes that have been made since this first happened that will have to be redone.  Doing that manually would be painful.  Automating it and I don't trust that it will be done correctly. 

I don't think they know what they're talking about (how unsurprising).  I've just tried to edit my listing that has dodgy pics and the wrong maturity level and I got this error

1 error prohibited this Product from being saved

There were problems with the following fields:

• The Xstreet product ID '1325134' already exists. Please provide a unique Xstreet product ID.

some of you may remember this from when we migrated over from slx. 

I think it's pretty safe to say that LL have sunk to a new low with this defect - even by LL release standards this is extremely poor.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.