Store Listing Disaster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I haven't changed my magic boxes etc over to DD yet because I am lazy.. in fact I haven't looked at my store for a few days. I went and had a look at my listings this morning, and well, here are the results;

marketplace weirdness 3.jpg

marketplace weirdness 4.jpg

Could I maybe get some help with this pretty please:) I don't sell BBQ's, I don't sell a red polka dot dress, or a drum circle box, and all the dresses in the pictures I made. In the screenshot you can see the actual addresses of each page, the first being my main store page, the second is the green gentle fairy dress I sell.  Also, the associated links under the dress have a range of other people's thing in them. They are all my dresses in the pictures. Hmm.

I was logged into the marketplace at the time.

I refreshed the pages a few times.. but half my store is still showing as my pictures, but with text from other people's products. I haven't tested what happens when I go to buy the product yet ..it shows that I would be paying someone else, not me.

angel

Well, first thing I'd do is transfer it all to DD. Others can disagree, but the marketplace is going to change over eventually and it only takes like 2 minutes to drop all the boxes in the OUTBox thingy. You can unbox things later when the marketplace has cooled off.

*checks the date*... too soon for an LL april fools joke.

i am laughing for all the wrong reasons. how much of a fiasco can this become? and LLs support, to be honest, is even more laughable. lots of merchants have lost money but LL will not compensate them - customer recived the items and paid but the merchant gets nothing.

slow marketplace for days with a half-arsed fix of removing the number of reviews from product result pages and not to mention the appaling implimentation of direct delivery which was in beta for some time.

hope that this... yet another farce is sorted soon. its like being in a bad laural and hardy film with no escape.

i am not a LL fanboi, or an LL hater. but.... all the poor implimentations and lack of thinking is starting to pile up.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Well, first thing I'd do is transfer it all to DD. Others can disagree, but the marketplace is going to change over eventually and it only takes like 2 minutes to drop all the boxes in the OUTBox thingy. You can unbox things later when the marketplace has cooled off.

Even if we wanted to, many of us can't migrate yet since ANS is key to our operation and is not yet available with Direct Delivery.

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

Wow Angel! that dress for 50L is really bargain!

Sorry, I couldn't resist the joke. And before you think I'm laughing because I haven't been hit by this mess, I HAVE. Trying to laugh so i won't cry lol

I have to tell this because it's another of those laughing so I won't cry issues:

On one of my borked listings my welcome mat image has the description "Hopeless romantic seeking filthy wh0re." (Not sure what words are unacceptable here.)  To make things worse, apparently the link back to the merchant listed no longer has any MP listings and does not show up on People Search so I can't get rid of it.

Anyway...I was relating this to a good friend and she was asking if someone tried to purchase the borked item what would they receive and said (in jest), "I mean if I was buying a filthy wh0re and received a two-bit welcome mat I'd be upset."

May have to replace my monitor from the Pepsi that got spewed on it when she said that!

Another one that had me bursting out laughing was a borked image from the jira.  The image was of a very busty female AV wearing some huge sombrero-looking hat.  The description was "Demon Starter Kit."

This is a LL fubar of epic proportions and I'm about at zero patience level, but I have to admit some of the wrong links are hilarious.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.