Just tried again...

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I still have hundreds of updates to do.  Moving to folders and not boxes, etc.  I just tried again to get in and do a few before the whole world wakes up.  I started this about 8:15am central time (6:15am SLT).  Of course the first thing you have to do to get started is click "Manage Listings."  I also knew all the problems we've been having so I had a stopwatch ready.  I clicked manage listings and started the timer.  It took exactly...now get this...8 minutes 22 seconds for the manage inventory screen to come up!

I made all the changes I needed in another ridiculously long process...

It was another 4 minutes 41 seconds after I clicked the Update button for the screen to time out on me!

I just gave up in disgust.

In one of the threads in the general discussion forum another poster commented that it sounds like we are going through world war three with this thing.  We certainly are!

I really really hope this maintenance that's going to start at 9am SLT fixes all this crap!

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

I still have hundreds of updates to do.  Moving to folders and not boxes, etc.  

Just a suggestion, but a lot of people are doing the migration in phases.  First they are just moving things "as is" and keeping them boxed. 

Some are going to go back, at some point in the future when things calm down and start with some of their most important items that they feel should be unboxed. 

Others are only moving to the folder system with brand new items.

Either of these options might save you a lot of frustration.

Good mornin, Miss Tatiana! 

That's actually what I did.  I migrated everything over just as it was in my magic boxes.  In boxes.  My updating now is uploading those items in folders instead and reassociating them and then deleting the boxed entry.  Still...8 minutes page load time when you click manage listings is horrible.

I updated 5 or 6 items back on March 22 and they each took about 1 minute total which I found slow but I kept at it.  I can't imagine doing updates if I had to wait much longer. 

My guess is that even with the optimization that they are doing, updates are going to be slow for the next few months until the bulk of the conversions are through.  I would leave it until then unless something is critical.  There are a lot better ways to spend your time.

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Good mornin, Miss Tatiana! 

That's actually what I did.  I migrated everything over just as it was in my magic boxes.  In boxes.  My updating now is uploading those items in folders instead and reassociating them and then deleting the boxed entry.  Still...8 minutes page load time when you click manage listings is horrible.

My two cents, leave the stuff in boxes.

I started this discussion.  Shall be interesting to see how it pans out.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Why-I-Prefer-Receiving-My-Purchases-In-Boxes-Rather-Than-In/m-p/1456951#M56837

While I understand the desire to make SL so simple that even an idiot can play, no matter what you do there are still going to be learning curves.  Just as quickly as someone is going to ask "how do I unpack a box," there will be someone else asking "how do i change my clothes."

My apology if this doesn't sound 'politically correct.'  As much as we'd like to sometimes it appears that you just can't fix stupid.  All you have to do is look at what you go through dealing with CTL to know this. :D

I've placed most of my secondary businesses' items in folders, but I'm taking advantage of the "unpacking required" option for my sculpties and leaving them boxed. I figure everybody who buys a bunch of sculpties has access to someplace where they can rez an object.

That said, I spent about eight hours yesterday converting to the new system and linking my products, and have not had a marketplace sale since. I will test it this afternoon, when I have the time to deal with any evolving disaster.

I've got two weeks break coming up, and I was hoping the site would be fixed by now so I could get some serious work done on my shop *sigh* I've migrated most of my freebies, demos and cheap stuff over already. Because I do clothes, I moved most to folders. I found that if I unpacked my boxes, popped a back-up box and rezing instructions in the folder and dropped a few folders in the outbox, by that time my marketplace page would have finally loaded. I'd check my listings, make any changes etc, and whenever I had to wait for the site again, I'd just go back to unpacking more boxes inworld. By swapping between the two I managed about 15 listings in the bit of free time I had on the weekend. Still over 100 to go.... I am going to stick with the folders, though. I aim a lot of my stuff towards the newbie market, so folders help them, and adding instructions on how to Rez the back-up box will help train them (and help them solve their inevitable stuff-ups when they try to adjust clothing for the first time. SL has a steep learning curve, and every little bit helps. #ETA - Aaaaargh! Why can't I get my post to format properly! Sorry...you get it all in one block :( #

I've been leaving stuff packaged just how they were in the Magic Box, and then updating new stuff to use folders. The more you change things, the more opportunity there is for something to break.

People don't mind unboxing things. I'd much rather have customers unbox things instead of having to run into all sorts of problems. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. There's a really, really good reason why enterprise software still runs on ancient software, and it's because it works.

I jumped on DD as fast as I could, because I've been having problems with Magic Boxes since September. I had an issue and DD seems to be helping me so far, at least when it's working. If magic boxes are working, there's no need to rush into DD, you still have some time to transfer over.

I hope LL gets their stuff together. This new release has left my sales hurting too. If your sales have tanked these last few days, you're not alone.

A lot of people depend on marketplace sales to pay for land. If LL doesn't fix things, they should at least give people a grace period after the first of the month considering what's happened here.

It'd be nice if LL would consider doing things for premium members who experience problems like this. It would be fantastic if LL gave us marketplace enhancement credits or something for the inconvenience.

Rusalka Writer wrote:

I don't seem to be getting order notifications. And I could not get my delivery folder to appear because the free bear is stuck in my cart.
I had to use the direct-buy rather than put it in the cart.

Emphasis mine...

Yeah, the cart has major problems.  I never ever use the shopping cart.  I just buy things one at a time.

Taff Nouvelle wrote:

I am not sure what they have done , but my sales have gone down from a minimum 20k plus on a bad week, to litterally 0;

Phew, and i thought it's just me..

Since DD-Day (lol) overall sales went down about 20% and marketplace sales about 26%.

Way to go Linden Lab.

Flea Yatsenko wrote:

A lot of people depend on marketplace sales to pay for land. If LL doesn't fix things, they should at least give people a grace period after the first of the month considering what's happened here.

My MP sales basically supported my SL "life" and renting the land I lived on was really the only thing I "purchased" in the last 6-8 months or so.  Even then I was cutting it close and dipping into SL savings I keep on an alt.  Made the decision today to leave the parcel/sim I've been on for close to 5 years to save money, especially when I may not be making much, if any for awhile.  That was hard - lots of sentimental memories on that land - but in the end...it's just virtual bits and bytes on a server in CA. (I have to keep telling myself that to not change my mind.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.