Lag when saving scripts on Mac? Everything else seems fine.

Nynthan Folsom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been experiencing difficulty saving scripts on the Mac Viewer. This does not seem to occur on the Win Viewer. Occasionally, the script will even fail to save with an error: "Unable to upload <script> due to the following reason: The server is experiencing unexpected difficulties."

I noticed this prior to the rolling restarts. I thought the restarts might fix it, but they didn't. I now believe this might be viewer specific.

The Lag Meter is green across the board. PerformanceTools->Statistics reports 0% packet loss and between 70 and 100 ms sim ping time. Speedtest gives me a 5 down / 0.6 up and Pingtest gives me a B rating (no packet loss, 67 ms ping time with 4ms jitter). Besides the rolling restart, and an upgrade to SL Viewer 3.3.0, there have been no changes to my hardware or network configuration since before this problem began to occur.

I am using SL View for Mac 3.3.0 (251182). I downloaded this new version after I started experiencing the lag, and it did not resolve the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

2 answers to this question

Ooooh, I wish I could give you a better answer to this - I can't remember the last time I saw such a well written question, with all the sensible tests carried out and the information given to us.  Unbelievably you even know how to spell, punctuate and capitalise.  I think I like you :-)

Still - 99% of the time upload failures are due to connection problems but you've pretty comprehensibly ruled that out.  Next suspect has to be the sim.  As the restart didn't cure it check for exceptional lag there and try uploading in a different sim, as has been suggested.

[And to all those who are thinking "y u not hlp me it not wrk an ppl r no help" - we'd help more if you wrote like this]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.