Marketplace Issues Update

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ela Talaj wrote:

Ahh...so what ya saying is that there is no translation now from the web product name to the folder name and the folder must be named exactly as the web product... I wouldn't know, I haven't tried to upgrade from magic boxes yet... Hmm, if so it would be a major design flaw.

That's not correct Ela. The "Item Name" (as it's called on the Product Listing Edit page) is just a name and not related to the Magic Box Object or a Direct Delivery Folder. The two names that must match are the name of the Object inside the Contents of the Magic Box and the top-level folder name uploaded to DD.

However when payment is made to the Merchant, it is using the Item Name is used .. and because it has Unicode characters in it, the payment process dies horribly .. before the Merchant is paid. Thus the order gets stuck and never completes to "Delivered".

Ela Talaj wrote:

There are separate issues here and sadly appears too many of them. I don't think the page load dial-up speed is caused by the alleged unicode bug. In fact I don't even think it is caused by the direct delivery upgrade. The marketplace was somewhat slow as compared to other websites loading time weeks before March 21. My personal feeling is that the database is not indexed correctly and the traffic increase (mostly by merchants) after the upgrade aggravated the problem but the upgrade itself is not the root of it.

Agreed, loading was slow before the Direct Delivery release, so I hope that when the migrations are complete we can enjoy a smoother Marketplace than ever. Please!

note - The unicode bug isn't causing slowdowns, it's causing items to be delivered, money taken from buyer, but merchant not getting paid :(   sorry if this was already pointed out below and i'm only repeating.

Emma Krokus wrote:

Hi Commerce Team Linden

It's good to have an explanation from you about the missing review scores. I hope you will consider email notification when shoppers leave reviews for us - please?

Yes, ASAP!! We've been asking for this for over almost two years now....

I just wanted to say I understand there are issues but also wanted to let you know I log in and shop then try to go to next page and nothing will not open the to next page such a bummer so I hope it will get fixed soon and good luck with issues. Marketplace for me has been doing this for almost two weeks and the money I spend in there wow I hope marketplace comes back on so I can spend more. :)

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

Review Counts were temporarily removed from display for search results.  Review data is preserved and the review counts are visible on the actual product listing.  The Review Counts on search returns will be re-enabled after further optimization is done to improve page load times that are still affecting many users.

Counts were being done live? Every time a page is loaded?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70EYe4vy8U

For heaven's sake, update and save the total only when a review is saved or deleted and load it from there.

Find the other processes unnecessarily updating data on the fly and do the same.

I realise it's stupid design from the initial marketplace migration... It's a pity the two-ex-Lindens responsible for this horrific database design can't still be held accountable for this garbage they dumped on us before scurrying away - if only LinkedIn had a review section... but it's been nearly 2 years and this whole thing desperately needs to be cleaned up and optimised now - it's not going to get any better.

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

Review Counts were temporarily removed from display for search results.  Review data is preserved and the review counts are visible on the actual product listing.  The Review Counts on search returns will be re-enabled after further optimization is done to improve page load times that are still affecting many users.

Counts were being done live? Every time a page is loaded?

For heaven's sake, update and save the total only when a review is saved or deleted and load it from there.

Find the other processes unnecessarily updating data on the fly and do the same.

I realise it's stupid design from the initial marketplace migration... It's a pity the two-ex-Lindens responsible for this horrific database design can't still be held accountable for this garbage they dumped on us before scurrying away - if only LinkedIn had a review section... but it's been nearly 2 years and this whole thing desperately needs to be cleaned up and optimised
now
- it's not going to get any better.

I don't understand though.  IF that's what was happening, how come it didn't cause massive loading impact when the delivery mechanism was Magic Boxes?

Unless, the change to DD is currently suffering from a huge increase of SQL statements which doesn't happen with MB which is very feasible but oops in that case.

Maybe it in itself, by itself, doesn't have a huge impact with either MB or DD, but just something that was found that could be removed to speed up loading. But obviously it is being done live, which is why you now see it on in item's page, but not in search/shop results - if it was being stored originally there'd be nothing to gain by removing the result from the search display. Makes me wonder about the star display too tho. Of course the overarching issue is how many other similar mechanisms exist - ?

>IF that's what was happening, how come it didn't cause massive loading impact when the delivery mechanism was Magic Boxes?

And it STILL doesn't cause "massive loading impact" on the boxes, especially now that Malefactor Linden has forgotten to keep borking the box system to make DD continue to appear to be necessary. 

Estou com problemas para levar meus produtos ao site de vendas. Minha magic box nao tem o titulo "Aditi Xstreet SL Magic Box". Ao clicar em abrir ela abre com a pasta de titulo "Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11". Podem me ajudar?

I have problems to get my products to the sales siteMy magic box does not have thetitle "Aditi Xstreet SL Magic Box"When you click open it opens with the folder titled "Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11". Can you help? ty:)

Serenah,

You have the proper Magic Box. The instructions used the wrong name for the Magic Box. They were written when the only place that Direct Delivery worked was on the Aditi test grid. Direct Delivery now works for the regular grid, but the instructions were not fixed correctly.

Please try again. Every place the instructions tell you the wrong name for the Magic Box, ignore the wrong name and use the Magic Box you have.

I've noticed that there are items in my store that are not mine and attached my photos are attached to these items and vice versa. Could you please update us on the status of this issue and when it might be resolved? Meanwhile, I'm checking out the OsGrid and InWorldz systems as I think they're a bit more user friendly. - sincerely... MEGA FRUSTRATED WITH LL!!

I followed the recommendations of the tutorial. There is always the empty folders and anerror message. I am discouraged with the error messages.:(

Segui as recomendações do tutorial. Não há pastas vazias e sempre da um aviso de erro. Estou desanimando com as mensagens de erro.:(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.