Weird colors, faces, tails, and certain objects

AidenColeman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Starting a few days ago, all the colors in the game started screwing up. People would be grey unless I zoomed in on them for a while, and other objects are discolored with pinks, blues, and whites. Furry faces, tails, and certain objects are all screwed up in general. It's like a ton of triangles and rectangles all smashed together, like what happens if you try to sculpt an object with a texture.

It was kinda scary at first. Then it was funny. But now it's creepy and irritating because I seriously don't know what I'm looking at half the time. I kept thinking it might go away on its own but it hasn't.

I'm not sure how to put a picture on here, otherwise I would.

EDIT:
Some parts of the floor are invisible, too.

honestly, I have all the viewers and Firestorm has never given me any problems like this. On sl viewer even with the newest update . I get random objects and colors shooting all over the place, and it usually takes close to 30 minutes just for everything to rezz which is really annoying to have to wait when i rezz anywhere.

Sounds like you turned on wireframe. Try pressing Control-Shift-R. That toggles wireframe on and off.

Another thing to try is go into Preferences --> Graphics --> Hardware, and uncheck the box Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects. That seems to help systems which are running ATI video graphics cards.

When there is colorful triangle salad on the screen, the cure is usually to go to preferences, Graphics tab, press the hardware button and switch off Vertex Buffer Objects.

Misshapen sculpties can also happen if your connection is having trouble to download textures in general. This can be helped a lot, but with some side effects of its own, if you make sure HTTP texture transfers are enabled in the Develop menu.  You may find that you need to temporarily switch HTTP texture transfers off when rebaking your own avatar. LL is working on the problems that cause this last part, so hopefully the switching back and forth won't last for too much longer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.