Sign in to follow this  
HRH Andrew

Service Personnel Required (Royal Second Life Army/Royal Second Life Navy)

Interested in Service Life?

The Royal Second Life Army and Royal Second Life Navy are seeking skilled role players and military/sailing enthusiasts to enlist into the ranks of the Forces of Monclova.

We are particularly keen on builders, scripters and multilinguists.

If you have what it takes to enter service life and the determination and patience required, search or contact us in world.

RSLA-Recruitment-Ad-1.jpg

Royal-Second-Life-Navy-Logo.png

Are these new groups?

Someone else may be able to speak more definitively on the subject but the use of the term "Second Life" may be a violation of the TOS.

"Use of the Linden Marks in whole or in part, including without limitation "Second Life," "SL," "Linden," and the Eye-in-Hand logo, is subject to the guidelines and terms of any applicable license provided in our Second Life Brand Center and Trademark Guidelines. You understand and agree that without a written license agreement with Linden Lab, we do not authorize you to make any use of the Linden Marks."

http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php

HRH Andrew wrote:

So rather than post something useful, you go and waste your time to b*tch and moan rules and regulations... lol.

My post was and is intended as a friendly comment that could save you trouble, not a "b*tch and moan." 

But I feel sorry for anyone who may join your group if that is how you respond to any one making an observation or trying to be helpful.

You may never get censored for your use of the term "Second Life" but others have been.

It's no skin off of my teeth what you do.  But I seriously suggest  that you give yourself a check up from the neck up if that is the way you reflexively respond to people.

I thought enlisted life was all about rules and regulations...  And shooting guns and killing things...  And blind unquestioned obedience to your superiors...

Good luck, Mr Andrew!  I hope your ranks grow and flourish.  Btw, who are you fighting against?  Is there another army/navy that is your enemy?  Is it boot camp type role play or full on war?  Do you need a combat HUD of some kind?

Cinn

Yes it's about rules and regulations and regimentation. But we also don't like time wasters lol.

No, we are not engaged in combat with another opposing force. We are reconstructing the Kingdom of Monclova and the Armed Forces need to be filled. From Ratings and NCO's to Officers. Palace Guards to Infanty, Submariners to surface fleet.

As the Kingdom is more along the lines of a project there is no need for combat huds. So there will be alot of oppertunity to be engaged with the running of the kingdom. Not just defence roles, but ceremonial too. :)

Thanks for your well wishes!

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

It's no skin off of my teeth.

/me jots a note in her Things I know about Martian's File...

"Have skin on teeth."

And while it is rare, sometimes we bite back when bitten.

I've seen several groups, even entire sims shut down for using the term Second life in them like that. It was wise advice, I'd recommend at the very least looking into it, so it doesn't become problematic for you.

Didn't really see how that was a **bleep**, moan, or wasting your time, lol. But your response was pretty darn rude. One would think naming your group something that LL can(and has, a lot) later crack down on, would be a waste of time, lol.

Ok. Advise taken aboard and will review it. Apologies to the first guy. I thought that someone decided to be a troll.

So, any of you guy want to get in uniform? lol

This link is what can't do: Unauthorized Uses of Linden Lab's Trademarks

This link is what you can do: License To Use SL™ or inSL™

So, you really do need to change the name before you go any further.  SL Royal Army/SL Royal Navy would work and doesn't sound all that bad... just a suggestion. :matte-motes-smile:

Good luck ...Dres

HRH Andrew wrote:

Ok. Advise taken aboard and will review it. Apologies to the first guy. I thought that someone decided to be a troll.

So, any of you guy want to get in uniform? lol

apology accepted.  and i do wish you success in your endeavor.

some of the folks involved with  'steampunk' are very into maritime endeavors.  you may want to consider contacting them.

The groups were formed before the project was set up. RSL Army was formed I think in 2009. Rather than disbanding the groups, I thought I would make use of them here.

Unfortunately i get the feeling they will shut down those groups..

mainly due to this

"No Suggestion of Endorsement. Never use any Linden Lab trademark in a manner that implies a false relationship with or sponsorship, endorsement, or employment by Linden Lab"

We did put in a disclaimer that we arent affiliated to them in anyway. However the decision has been made to disband and rebadge the forces. Thanks for your advice.

Anyone wanna join up? lol

HRH Andrew wrote:

We did put in a disclaimer that we arent affiliated to them in anyway. However the decision has been made to disband and rebadge the forces. Thanks for your advice.

A wise decision.

HRH Andrew also wrote:

Anyone wanna join up? lol

You don't have a don't ask/don't tell policy, do you? :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

...Dres

I dont follow orders very well. Plus, i would probably sleep my way through the female  enlisted. which if i remember my military is forbidden.. sorry.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I dont follow orders very well. Plus, i would probably sleep my way through the female  enlisted. which if i remember my military is forbidden.. sorry.

every group does need its drama.................................

Perrie Juran wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

"Have skin on teeth."

Sounds Kinky :smileywink: lol

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

"Have skin on teeth."

Sounds Kinky :smileywink: lol

At least one of us is.

(And thanks for resurrecting that little bit of fun, Sephina.)