New Mature policy?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It started to look that way. You posted the link to your blog at least twice in the other thread, and a few posts up in this thread. The one a few posts up was a short post, making a short, untrue statement, and backing it up with a link to your blog. When I posted about your 'agenda', I hadn't noticed that the other htread had disappeared, along with the links.

Opensource Obscure wrote:

Vick, I think you made a mistake - it seems to me you're only taking into account the Search-related policy.

I think you should also look at the Adult Content FAQs -
which state:

Adult activity on Moderate land must be conducted "behind closed doors," meaning that you must make every reasonable effort to ensure that the parcel is private. This means:
  • Allow only a group or specific individuals access to the parcel. If it is group-access only, the group must not be freely open to join.
  • Hide avatars (turn off avatar visibility) for the parcel.
  • Enclose the area behind walls or other visual barriers.

It seems you didn't take all these measures and if this is true, removal of Adult objects from your Moderate land makes sense.

Nipples being "Adult objects"...that'd be a completely different topic, and it seems it's not what's debated here.

Okay, but what you've quoted has to do with "adult activity"....  seems to me the next section would be more applicable to the situation...

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?

Depending on context, nudity may not require an
Adult
rating. For example all of the following could be rated
Moderate
:
  • A nude beach without sexual activity.
  • Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.
  • Nude art that is not sexual.
  • Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:
  • Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.
  • Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are
Moderate
NOT
Adult

Seems as if skin vendors can show pics of nude skin, Vick should be able to display pics with nipples... especially within the confines of his own private residence.

...Dres

Snickers Snook wrote:

cartoony pixels

One image made in SL by a friend as a gift for me, One art frame made in poser with three woman, One painting. Similarities: Decent, art, nipples. Only a messed up guy in early puperty would get up.set..

And yeah, it brings up Zindrerian memories. But at that time we had a guide and every Mature issue would be discussed with him. Now it's shoot first and the resident has to provide proof.

Just an update.

I am trying to get rid of the land. Selling for practicaly nothing. I do not want to abandon, don't want LL to get hold of it. Children's land (moderate) will get picked up at prices well below 0.5 L$/sqm.. Looks like most landbots have abandoned.

All my objects are in my inv. Except a few magic boxes that I am hosting for a close friend and the mayor part of the skybox where the nipples were in.

The ticket has been escalated and is waiting QA review, but it appears they are not in a hurry. Soon I'll remove the last proof of Walls (the skybox) and give away the rest of the land. From then on it's not possible to review my case unless they have a backup of Jenner somewhere.

I was angry, now I'm just sad.

It's to LL's shame that they have caused you to get rid of the land. I would have abandoned the land though, to prevent LL from getting tier on it for a while. That's what I did with 3/4 of a sim, and it's what I'll do with the remaining 1/4 sim when the time comes.

Vick Forcella wrote:

Update and closure.

LindenLab has reviewed my case and has send me an apology. Nipples
are
allowed, the policy still stands, and I have left Mature.

Great to hear you got closure.  Sad you had to move.  But at least you know on Adult you can't (or at least shouldn't be) censored.

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

"Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate."

This is why I always ride a horse when I travel around mainland nude. Besides, it's quicker
;)

if they can't keep up they can't catch yew!!

REGULATORS!! LETS RIDE!!!! \o/

it's only breaking the rules if ya get caught!!

who's with meh!! \o/

bewhew2.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.