New Mature policy?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious if perhaps there is rated genereal land adjacent to your sim (or nearby and within camming range). It could be it was sighted and reported from someone camming that just assumed since they were in general, that everything they can see is, and maybe the Linden just assumed the same.

lol, someone bought a bunch of the land near me and set it to general recently. If they go camming around at just the right or wrong time, they might be in for s surprise! lol

I will keep Halestorm's 'I get off' playing on the youtube TV just in case :P

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

It could be it was sighted and reported from someone camming that just assumed since they were in general, that everything they can see is, and maybe the Linden just assumed the same.

Possible. There is PG near. But you'd have to fly high up to the skybox to notice artwork.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Maybe the problem is that the items in question seem to be the first thing to rez. No protective walls which makes them visible. I was always under the understanding  " No nudity even if in your home" Anyone can zoom in and see and the rezzing issue

the only place nudity is not allowed is on mainland moderate outside and General at all..

you can be nude outside on moderate estates unless the sim owner doesn't allow it..

and private estates you can even have sex outside if you are not advertising or drawing the public..now with being able to close off land from sight outside the pardel or sim with land settings..they may even consider those settings as putting your land out if sight and behind closed doors..you can't see in from outside unless you walk in..i don't think even camming in works with those settings on..

i'm wondering if those settings had something to do with the ratings changes..

it makes sense  that they would hehehe

Vick Forcella wrote:

It used to be allowed to "do whatever you want as long as it isn't commercial indoors" on mature land. At least that was Blondin's take on that.

Now I have had artwork returned from mature land. Artwork that was not visible from the outside. A sweet note followed shortly after.

That is odd since afaik it is allowed.

Is there a change in policy? No more fun allowed in Mature?

Blondin's office hour comments were -NEVER- policy.

I've been warning people about that since 2009...

Policy in the ToS has been consistent this whole time.

Knowl Paine wrote:

I'm focusing on this part

"all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly
promoted
adult activities or
content
"

Land that allows access to all Residents is public, you cannot report a person for trespassing, and they cannot report you for ejecting them.

LL will advise to set access to a Group, or to None, to prevent un-welcomed guest.

I've bolded and coloured the most relevant word in that extract. It makes your conclusion wrong, I'm afraid.

The land can be in search as long as anything of an adult nature isn't set to be in search or promoted in the blurb.

Vick Forcella wrote:

Selling Adult items in Mature is allowed as long as it is not advertised using Adult words and (for poseballs) you can't demo them. Non-demo is allowed as long as it is not visble from the outside ("More visible").

That's not quite true. My bots demo sex animations and they are allowed to be there and do that. What they can't be is totally naked in the public store, which they are not.

That was all made clear by Blondin during the discussions on what's allowed and what's not allowed on Mature land.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Maybe the problem is that the items in question seem to be the first thing to rez. No protective walls which makes them visible. I was always under the understanding  " No nudity even if in your home" Anyone can zoom in and see and the rezzing issue

The "no nudity, even in your home" applies to PG land and not to Mature land. Nudity is allowed on Mature land but not in public. (Behind closed doors is not public. The fact that it doesn't stop anyone from camming and seeing is irrelevant.)

If nudity weren't allowed anywhere on Mature land, Mature would be identical to PG, but it's not.

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

I'm just curious if perhaps there is rated genereal land adjacent to your sim (or nearby and within camming range). It could be it was sighted and reported from someone camming that just assumed since they were in general, that everything they can see is, and maybe the Linden just assumed the same.

lol, someone bought a bunch of the land near me and set it to general recently. If they go camming around at just the right or wrong time, they might be in for s surprise! lol

I will keep Halestorm's 'I get off' playing on the youtube TV just in case
:P

People can't change the rating of any mainland. Only a private sim owner can do that.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

the only place nudity is not allowed is on mainland moderate outside and General at all..

you can be nude outside on moderate estates unless the sim owner doesn't allow it..

and private estates you can even have sex outside if you are not advertising or drawing the public..now with being able to close off land from sight outside the pardel or sim with land settings..they may even consider those settings as putting your land out if sight and behind closed doors..you can't see in from outside unless you walk in..i don't think even camming in works with those settings on..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Those settings do not block objects on the land from  being seen. It only blocks the people from being seen, and heard(Blocks the User activity which the TOS uses the terms "Activity").

The issue here is, the objects being returned. If the walls are not rezzing before the nude photos, and the nude photos are clearly visible from the outside, then it may very well be the problem

But it clearly states "Nude art that is not sexual." can be okay. So I can see how you would be confused.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

The issue here is, the objects being returned. If the walls are not rezzing before the nude photos, and the nude photos are clearly visible from the outside, then it may very well be the problem.

That is a thought. But no way I can prevent that. It's LL responsability that the OMG-children can cam outside PG (can they?).

Vick Forcella wrote:

OMG-children can cam outside PG (can they?).

Not sure about that

But I can see where it says "Nude art that is not sexual. is okay"  So yea confusing a bit.

It has to be behind closed doors. So maybe it is they are rezzing first and quite visible

Hopefully they answer your ticket with some clarification

Vick Forcella wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

The issue here is, the objects being returned. If the walls are not rezzing before the nude photos, and the nude photos are clearly visible from the outside, then it may very well be the problem.

That is a thought. But no way I can prevent that. It's LL responsability that the OMG-children can cam outside PG (can they?).

Yes they can. They can see outside PG land and they can cam outside it too. It's those who are registered as teens that are said not to be able to see Mature land.

Phil Deakins wrote:

They can see outside PG land and they can cam outside it too. It's those who are registered as teens that are said not to be able to see Mature land.

So.. The ones that have access to Mature land can cam inside. That's expected behaviour. No need for me to place a wall for just in case they don't see a wall.

Vick Forcella wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

They can see outside PG land and they can cam outside it too. It's those who are registered as teens that are said not to be able to see Mature land.

So.. The ones that have access to Mature land can cam inside. That's expected behaviour. No need for me to place a wall for just in case they don't see a wall.

I'm pretty sure this is innacurate, but don't take my word. You may want to find a teen to actually double check it.

I do believe however that teens can actually not only see onto, but go onto moderate sims now. (and probably important to note; there IS no more 'mature'. Land that was mature is now classified as moderate and the rules are somewhere between what you'd expect to see in PG-13 or R rated movies) Adult is it's own catagory now and those formerly on mature that had that content are expected to change it or relocate to adult sims, mostly located on the new continent of Zindra. This is the stuff teens can't access.

The checkboxes in your browser pertain to what content you can view in the search and what items you can find on marketplace. It doesn't stop someone standing on general land from looking to the west and seeing the big bilboard of a nude or skimpy clad womon on someone's add and if someone walks onto their land with a prim-dog attached to pelvis, they will have no problem seeing that either.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Those settings do not block objects on the land from  being seen. It only blocks the people from being seen, and heard(Blocks the User activity which the TOS uses the terms "Activity").

The issue here is, the objects being returned. If the walls are not rezzing before the nude photos, and the nude photos are clearly visible from the outside, then it may very well be the problem

But it clearly states "Nude art that is not sexual." can be okay. So I can see how you would be confused.

i just thought you were talking about it in general is all  the way you worded it in the one line hehehe

but rezz time on items wouldn't have anything to do with it's placement...because that is a client side thing which will change from user to user..can't blame the owner of the land because someone can't rezz some walls faster than some pictures hehehe...thats out of the land owners control..

nudity is not adult content...not unless it is photorealistic nudity and the region hosts, advertises, or publicly promotes it..

there really is no mention of nudity in general for the moderate or adult ratings..just photorealistic nudity..

the only place it mentions nudity not being allowed as in just any kind of nudity... is in the general ratings definitions..

either the linden saw something out of line or they mistook his land for  general rated land..

it will be interesting to find out what it was ..thats for sure lol

i'm curious as hell right now hehehehe

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

I do believe however that teens can actually not only see onto, but go onto moderate sims now. 

I don't think so.  Asking a real live teen is a very good suggestion, but my understanding is that they can see content on Moderate sims, but can't get beyond General.

For example, the trolley that runs in Bay City -- there are actually two, one on the G-rated west-end sims (brought over from the old TSL grid estate) and another on M-rated east-end... and it's my understanding that Michael and Sylvan had to make those run separately because otherwise teens crossing the maturity rating would get stranded at the sim border.

When they implemented the parcel privacy settings, they could have made the entire parcel contents invisible and use that capability to prevent teens from seeing anything on M land.  That isn't how it was made to work for non-teens, and my guess is that it's no different for teens, either.

To the OP, I too think this was probably just a snafu, from a mistaken idea that the removed content was on General-rated region. If that's not the case, there really wouldn't remain much line of demarcation between G and M, so I'll be interested to know how this resolves.  

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

I do believe however that teens can actually not only see onto, but go onto moderate sims now. (
and probably important to note; there IS no more 'mature'. Land that was mature is now classified as moderate and the rules are somewhere between what you'd expect to see in PG-13 or R rated movies
) Adult is it's own catagory now and those formerly on mature that had that content are expected to change it or relocate to adult sims, mostly located on the new continent of Zindra. This is the stuff teens can't access.

The checkboxes in your browser pertain to what content you can view in the search and what items you can find on marketplace. It doesn't stop someone standing on general land from looking to the west and seeing the big bilboard of a nude or skimpy clad womon on someone's add and if someone walks onto their land with a prim-dog attached to pelvis, they will have no problem seeing that either.

You are mistaken. There are Mature sims and there are PG sims. I'm currently standing on a Mature sim and there is a PG sim next to it.

"General" and "Moderate" are merely name changes, and are for the search, and maybe for sims that were created since the name change. The only thing that changed when the Adult classification came into being was that 'adult' stuff has to be in private on Mature sims. Previously it could be out in the open.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

I do believe however that teens can actually not only see onto, but go onto moderate sims now. (
and probably important to note; there IS no more 'mature'. Land that was mature is now classified as moderate and the rules are somewhere between what you'd expect to see in PG-13 or R rated movies
) Adult is it's own catagory now and those formerly on mature that had that content are expected to change it or relocate to adult sims, mostly located on the new continent of Zindra. This is the stuff teens can't access.

You are mistaken. There are Mature sims and there are PG sims. I'm currently standing on a Mature sim and there is a PG sim next to it.

"General" and "Moderate" are merely name changes, and are for the search, and maybe for sims that were created since the name change. The only thing that changed when the Adult classification came into being was that 'adult' stuff has to be in private on Mature sims. Previously it could be out in the open.

What veiwer are you using? I clearly see the land URL on my parcel listed as Moderate with the official symbol (an M in a rounded box) both in the search bar and the main title bar at the top. Most recent version of firestorm. This is mainland that was formerly classified mature. I have been here for 2 years and lived here through all these changes. I had a roller rink here open to the public at the time of the change so I made myself real familiar with the policy at that point. I'm sure some stuff has changed though.

Giving it the benifit of the doubt, please post a sim that is mature and I will go there and see if it's a veiwer difference or of there really still is mature land around.

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

please post a sim that is mature

Not possible. It's now all classified as Moderate. Odd thing is

<quote>

(...)sell Adult content in Mature rated

regions as long as others cannot demo or use them.

</quote>

That is from that letter I received. Notice the word Mature.... Something hasn't been updated somewhere....(Please read Weekend Linden)

Perhaps very ancient viewers still use Mature, Dunno.

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

What veiwer are you using? I clearly see the land URL on my parcel listed as Moderate with the official symbol (an M in a rounded box) both in the search bar and the main title bar at the top. Most recent version of firestorm. This is mainland that was formerly classified mature. I have been here for 2 years and lived here through all these changes. I had a roller rink here open to the public at the time of the change so I made myself real familiar with the policy at that point. I'm sure some stuff has changed though.

Giving it the benifit of the doubt, please post a sim that is mature and I will go there and see if it's a veiwer difference or of there really still is mature land around.

i think he is meaning that they still mean the same as before and that moderate was only a name change..

that it is not like a pg or pg 13..

the only thing that changed was for commerce and things like that..nothing changed for residents as far as  mature being moderate or moderate being mature..they are still the same hehehe

that i believe is what he meant by only a name change..

Yea Ceka, I was trying to toss out a general idea of what the change was with it. Linden labs never made reffernce to any movie ratings in the tos when the change was made. Just my own effort to give it some perspective that is understandable. To me, the change was indeed a very drastic change, as prior to that there was only PG and mature so anything not PG could contain all adult items, events, nudity etc.

I can see why there is much confusion. In my mind they turned a huge portion of the grid into one big 'grey' zone and the average resident who just wants to visit various sims doesn't know if they might find a dance club with strippers or be tossed out for a few casual curse words.

anyway, I took a wild guess and went to Phil's store. (lovely work hon :) ) In firestorm the land is listed as Moderate and the area directly to the south is General. Not sure if that is where he meant, but I am thinking it probably is. I'm guessing some veiwers have just not updated the land rating name changes.

Vick Forcella wrote:

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

please post a sim that is mature

Not possible. It's now all classified as Moderate. Odd thing is

<quote>

(...)sell Adult content in Mature rated

regions as long as others cannot demo or use them.

</quote>

That is from that letter I received. Notice the word Mature.... Something hasn't been updated somewhere....(Please read Weekend Linden)

Perhaps very ancient viewers still use Mature, Dunno.

And that quote is wrong. People are allowed to try adult content in mature sims, and it can be demoed too. Whoever wrote it got it wrong. What can't happen is the people or the bots revealing certain body parts, and that's all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.