New Mature policy?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It used to be allowed to "do whatever you want as long as it isn't commercial indoors" on mature land. At least that was Blondin's take on that.

Now I have had artwork returned from mature land. Artwork that was not visible from the outside. A sweet note followed shortly after.

That is odd since afaik it is allowed.

Is there a change in policy? No more fun allowed in Mature?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the best of my knowledge, adult stuff is still allowed on mature land as long as it's not in a public place; i.e. the rules haven't changed since they were updated when Adult land came into being.

Problems arise when Lindens don't know or don't understand the rules - and it does happen. I received a warning once for my sex bed demo bots in my store on mature land. But the Linden was wrong and I got the warning cancelled by that Linden's boss, who actually knew the rules. Just because they are Lindens doesn't mean they know it all, and newer Lindens will know a lot less than older ones. My bots were/are in a public place so they needed to have certain parts covered, which they had, and still have. The Linden was wrong. Behind closed doors (in a home, for instance) nudity, etc. is still allowed on mature land.

ETA: The only type of land on which the LL rules prohibit adult stuff is PG land. What you've come across is a Linden who thinks that Mature land is the same as PG land - unless it's a private estate and the owner disallows adult stuff, in which case, the owner should make it PG land. When you think about it, if adult stuff wasn't allowed on Mature land, there'd be no reason for LL to keep teens off it. But they do keep teens off it - because adult stuff is allowed.

It is owned mainland. It's in Jenner and last time I remember it was Mature land.

The artwork was inside, not visible unless you did your best with camming. (after teleporting)

It was artwork, no spread legs, just soft curves and no RL images.

If this would NOT be allowed it would mean most of us would have to abandone our mainland land. If this is not allowed no mature play is allowed (1+1=2).

Also odd that there is a weekend linden roaming around :) Prolly without training.

Where should I go now?

Blondin! Help!

The stuff is allowed on mature land as long as it's not in a public place.

Do you have the name of the Linden who returned the stuff to you? Either way, you can put in a ticket, explaining what happened, and ask why it was returned to you since it is allowed in a private place on mature land. If you have the name, ask why <name> returned it to you.

It's a pity you weren't penalised or you could have appealed it, explaining the actual rules, etc., but a ticket will do. An appeal could fall on deaf ears anyway. I appealed my warning and it fell on deaf ears - maybe even the same ears that issued it. It was only when I contacted the Linden's boss that an actual brain was used.

I've noticed that LL is not very good at communication. Sounds like you've come across a Linden who is not clear on the rules of Moderate land and probably assumed that ANYTHING adult MUST be on Adult land. If you know the name of the Linden who returned your object, you can probably find another Linden and let them know what happened, and have them let the other Linden know that "adult" pictures are okay on moderate land behind closed doors. That way, that Linden hopefully won't return the picture again!

Read and shiver.

<quote>

Any content depicting sex, strong violence, sexual content
in textures, nudity (image or avatar), or anything else
broadly offensive is considered Adult content needs to be
located on regions that have been rated as Adult.

<end of quote>

That is part the e-mail I received. That does not match the policy that only speaks of outside visible and commercial. The returned items are not commercial and not visible from the outside.

I have the name of the Linden that returned my artwork.

First I'll have to enter world and pray it's retreivable. One is a bougt frame with a georgeous image, no copy and no mod. Hope it hasn't been eaten. Next I'll start a ticket, won;t bother life support since it's weekend.

The items could be retreived. I have started a ticked, filed it under land->Misc.

Tried to contact the Linden involved. Reading the e-mail again, and again, it appears as if the items were returned thinking land was PG.

<quote>

General (or G) next to the Region name at the top of your
screen indicates that you are in a General content region.
Any content that would fall into Adult or Moderate is not
allowed in a General content region. In addition, sexual
content in textures, sounds, or animations; content
depicting sex or strong violence; and anything else broadly
offensive is not allowed in General content regions.

</quote>

I do hope to get a quick responce. Else I'll have to sell up, and with me others.

Quote from the Knowledge Base:

Moderate Parcel_lght_M.png

Second Life's Moderate designation accommodates most of the non-adult activities common in Second Life. Dance clubs, bars, stores and malls, galleries, music venues, beaches, parks, and other spaces for socializing, creating, and learning all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content and do not use adult search tags. Groups, events and classifieds that relate to this broad range of activities and themes generally should also be designated as Moderate. 

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Maturity-ratings/ta-p/700119

If the Land settings permit any Resident to visit, the Land is technically "public", or open to the public.

Edit: Selecting the option for allowing Only age verified Residents, may effect how content Maturity Rating compliance is determined. 

It is very likely that a complaint was filed, and may be the only Cause for action by LL. :smileyindifferent:

Vick Forcella wrote:

Read and shiver.

<quote>

Any content depicting sex, strong violence, sexual content

in textures, nudity (image or avatar), or anything else

broadly offensive is considered Adult content needs to be

located on regions that have been rated as Adult.

<end of quote>

That is part the e-mail I received. That does not match the policy that only speaks of outside visible and commercial. The returned items are not commercial and not visible from the outside.

they should really learn to quote the exact definitions instead of trying to shoot from the hip..

this guy wasn't even close LOL

that or they need to learn what adult content really is..private residents content is not considered adult content..

is your place listed in search? if so that may have something to do with it..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

they should really learn to quote the exact definitions instead of trying to shoot from the hip..

that or they need to learn what adult content really is..private residents content is not considered adult content..

I have been at the Blondin Adult metings where the policy was discussed over and over again. I have it memorized (sorta).

Seach is not on this parcel. And ever it it were the reaction would be a non-listing. That's how I know the policy.

I'm focusing on this part

"all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content "

Land that allows access to all Residents is public, you cannot report a person for trespassing, and they cannot report you for ejecting them.

LL will advise to set access to a Group, or to None, to prevent un-welcomed guest.

Vick Forcella wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I have been at the Blondin Adult metings where the policy was discussed over and over again. I have it memorized (sorta).

Seach is not on this parcel. And ever it it were the reaction would be a non-listing. That's how I know the policy.

i've been around it since before it came out and changed again as well and was one of the first to understand what it really meant while blondin was blitzing everyones brains lol..

just trying to help out is all..i figured maybe thats why ya came here hehehe

Knowl Paine wrote:

"all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or
content
"

Land that allows access to all Residents is public, you cannot report a person for trespassing, and they cannot report you for ejecting them.

LL will advise to set access to a Group, or to None, to prevent un-welcomed guest.

not on moderate land they won't ..if it's a private residence..you don't need to lock off your land..

if something is drawing them there ..like an advertizement or some add or some sort of draw someplace..

then it falls under adult..but having something in your house and someone walking in..that's them walking into a private residence..and this maturity ratings are not written for the private residences..

i think only general section has something written to them..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Knowl Paine wrote:

"all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or
content
"

if something is drawing them there ..like an advertizement or some add or some sort of draw someplace..

then it falls under adult..

Selling Adult items in Mature is allowed as long as it is not advertised using Adult words and (for poseballs) you can't demo them. Non-demo is allowed as long as it is not visble from the outside ("More visible").

Vick Forcella wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i think only general section has something written to them..

It has all the appearance of a Linden that thought it (not sure if it's a he or she) was on PG.

i was referring to one of the couple of places that the marurity ratings speak to a private resident..

for the most part mature and adult don't even talk to private residence at all...they are all written for commerce and public places..not private..

but ya i agree..that is what it sounds like your linden did..think it was G rated land hehehe

those silly lindens  lol

i hope you get it sorted..it sucks that they did this on the weekend to you..

Vick Forcella wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Knowl Paine wrote:

content
"

Selling Adult items in Mature is allowed as long as it is not advertised using Adult words and (for poseballs) you can't demo them. Non-demo is allowed as long as it is not visble from the outside ("More visible").

Vick Forcella wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Knowl Paine wrote:

content
"

thats why they consider it mature content when you do that.. hehehe

if you had models  showing off the activities or used adult words..that would turn it into adult content..

it's moderate if it's just sitting there all quiet..content is not the item itself but how it is displayed  promoted and advertised ect..

if it's not doing any of that stuff that requires it to be on adult sims..then it's not adult content..

thats where blondin confused people..he had them thinking there was  items ratings instead of the presentation of them actually being what rated them..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

thats where blondin confused people..he had them thinking there was  items ratings instead of the presentation of them actually being what rated them..

Yep. And the result of the offence would be... non-listing in seach. Not returning of items and an official warning. That's why I strongly believe the Weekend Linden thought it was on PG.

Must be sure though. Else I'm leaving Mature. (and an amazing parcel will be for sale soon, to nobody that wants it)

Vick Forcella wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Yep. And the result of the offence would be... non-listing in seach. Not returning of items and an official warning. That's why I strongly believe the Weekend Linden thought it was on PG.

Must be sure though. Else I'm leaving Mature. (and an amazing parcel will be for sale soon, to nobody that wants it)

well i hope all your things get sorted out..

it sucks when they do stuff like this on the weekend and you have to wait  till monday for things to get sorted..or however long they take to get to it..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.