Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Super String

Direct Delivery Second Life - payment system broken

Recommended Posts

Just to reinforce the point, the last time they had a rash of "Stuck at being delivered", they spent a lot of time pushing those transactions through to completion including sending the payment less commission to the Merchants. They didn't welsh on their responsibility to pay the Merchant. I know for a fact because I had a number of such transactions. I notified them via support ticket of the transaction numbers and before long Dakota replied to me that they'd force completed them and I got paid for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Darrius Gothly wrote:

Just to reinforce the point, the last time they had a rash of "Stuck at being delivered", they spent a lot of time pushing those transactions through to completion including sending the payment less commission to the Merchants. They didn't welsh on their responsibility to pay the Merchant. I know for a fact because I had a number of such transactions. I notified them via support ticket of the transaction numbers and before long Dakota replied to me that they'd force completed them and I got paid for them.

QFT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Darrius Gothly wrote:

Just to reinforce the point, the last time they had a rash of "Stuck at being delivered", they spent a lot of time pushing those transactions through to completion including sending the payment less commission to the Merchants. They didn't welsh on their responsibility to pay the Merchant. I know for a fact because I had a number of such transactions. I notified them via support ticket of the transaction numbers and before long Dakota replied to me that they'd force completed them and I got paid for them.

Just to reinforce - read the Jira I posted.  They did not do that in all situations.  There are customers sitting in there too.  Hope they are not yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Anaiya Arnold wrote:


Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

 

maybe, maybe not. 
but they have already said more or less that they are not refunding on the "being delivered" phase
- just a heads up on that.

here it is 

anyway, that's how they handled customer support on that - sent us to a cell in the basement and washed their hands of it.

In this case customers apparently are being charged though so I'm wondering how exactly one distinguishes this from criminal theft. 

Is Commerce team hoping to do a lag rather than just create the stuff?

 

Pretty sure the TOS has some wording that none of this is really "real"......or something like that :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Arwen Serpente wrote:

Mickey, you were right. The two JIRAs were just merged under 4441.

Arwen, when I go to 4441, you cannot see all the comments from the new Jira.  Unless I'm missing a button link or something.

 It's more important to have the DD problem showing fresh and clearly, than to lump all that into something that is over and done with and long forgotten (more or less) on a system that is being replaced.  Guess it is the same mechanics.

Sorry about that.  Doesn't seem wise.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, I didn't merge them. I just got the notification since I was watching both JIRAs. I think they are different issues.

Yes, the comments from JIRA 4559 do get lost when they are merged, so I hope the Merchants who posted in 4559 will add their comments to 4441.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Arwen Serpente wrote:

lol, I didn't merge them. I just got the notification since I was watching both JIRAs. I think they are different issues.

Yes, the comments from JIRA 4559 do get lost when they are merged, so I hope the Merchants who posted in 4559 will add their comments to 4441.

hi Arwen, sorry, wasn't clear....realize you did not merge them, got the email, and saw who merged them :)

Ya'll better get in there and post your problem again.  I won't comment again, I gave up, but ya'll can start fresh.  I had tweeted the links to this dilemma, and will do so again, once you all get settled in there with the specific DD related issue - a tweet or two does get several hundred eyes on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:matte-motes-asleep-2:Hi merchants, thanks for all your supportive discuss and experience sharing.

For those who also experienced DD problems, I hope you don't feel too upset, let's cheer up!  Though disappointed with the system for now...through our cooperation, I believe we'll find the solution!

 

My original JIRA 4559 has now been closed and merged to JIRA 4441 by Dakota Linden, these 2 issues are not sll the same... but let's whatch what will happen...

So far the problem remains unsolved...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul, I agree with what you said: " I personally dont think this is an issue of how a merchant did the changeover but more a pot luck of when they did the changeover at any given moment during the day and what code was doing or being played with at that time by LL."

 

Guess what, yesterday i used my alter to create a marketplace store and just sold and bought the same item in that store, but the outcome was totally different, the purchase was just successfully "delivered"...:matte-motes-impatient:    

 

It's really really weird...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings!

Orders stuck in the Being Delivered state is a known issue that first manifested itself when using Magic Boxes. Now with sellers migrating to Direct Delivery the issue is still occurring.

This does not mean that the issue is caused by different reasons, as Being Delivered Orders are still stuck irrregarless of which delivery system is being used.

Since a Jira Ticket does exist for orders stuck in the Being Delivered state, please use the existing Jira Ticket to add comments regarding the problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commerce Team Linden, 

 

Really?  but why when switching back to magic box, the problem could just be gone. Shouldn't I be convinced by facts?

 

Besides, when "that" Jira Ticket being created, I still used magic box, and "that" problem never hapened to me when I used magic box. "This" disaster only occurs when I use DD.

Furthermore, my case is not just "oders stuck", this is money disappearing or stolen. Because I happened to be not only the merchant but also the customer, and I was charged but the money was purely gone.

Issue 4441 is different because of reasons below:

(1) that merchant wasn't sure if his/her customer received the item  (but in my case, this is the point)

(2) that merchant didn't know if the customer was charged or not  (but in my case, this is the point)

(3) that merchat didn't use DD  (but in my case, this is the point)

(4) that merchant waited only 4 hours, but I've been waiting fot 6 days (still waiting)

(5) that merchant only had 2 orders, that could be a temporary accident (not my case)

(6) that merchant delivered items manually and wanted to be paid directly by LL (did I???????)

 

Did you really read both ISSUEs?? 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome to the basement.

I did not start that Jira - I was sent there when I asked marketplace support to reimburse me for doing their job.

when you say..."that merchant"....do you mean me?  because I need to clarify some of what you said, if so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

Greetings!

Orders stuck in the Being Delivered state is a known issue that first manifested itself when using Magic Boxes. Now with sellers migrating to Direct Delivery the issue is still occurring.

This does not mean that the issue is caused by different reasons, as Being Delivered Orders are still stuck irrregarless of which delivery system is being used.

Since a Jira Ticket does exist for orders stuck in the Being Delivered state, please use the existing Jira Ticket to add comments regarding the problem.

 

Which LL is now starting to confirm what many of us had already predicted and openly suspected - that MagicBox Delivery in and of itself was not the root casue to so many of the delivery problems so many ppl complained about and which many Merchants and LL have vilified.

As LL has just stated, DD and Magicboxes both still depend on a faulty sales processing function / service which DD will not solve.  A year + of LL focused development on one MP function when so many other Merchant demanded fixes and improvements have been ignored..... and....  the evils caused by Magicboxes have not gone away.

Awesome !!

PS Commerce Team.  Since you are actually posting in the forum.  Please explain to all us Merchants why you are so bound and determined all of a sudden to get rid of Magicboxes is such a short timeframe?  Whats the real truth?

We are not stupid - clearly LL has an agenda why they want Magicboxes gone and FAST.  Was Darrius right and LL is trying to avoid some contractual royalties obligations with the previous owners of Xstreet?  Why are you ramming this DD on the Merchants instead of allowing us proper time to migrate and to allow you to actually finish DD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, first of all, I know you're hot, but take a breather for a bit, because if you get too hot, you lose your voice here, and you need it, you have good visuals :)  lemme go back to your list.


Super String wrote:

Yes Mickey, I doubt if they really read both issues, or just merged and igmored them altogether.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Super String wrote:

Commerce Team Linden, 

 

Really?  but why when switching back to magic box, the problem could just be gone. Shouldn't I be convinced by facts?

 

Besides, when "that" 
Jira Ticket being created, I still used magic box, and "that" problem never hapened to me when I used magic box. "This" disaster only occurs when I use DD.

Furthermore, my case is not just "oders stuck", this is money disappearing or stolen. Because I happened to be not only the merchant but also the customer, and I was charged but the money was purely gone.

Issue 4441 is different because of reasons below:

(1) that merchant wasn't sure if his/her customer received the item  
(but in my case, this is the point)

(2) that merchant didn't know if the customer was charged or not 
 (but in my case, this is the point)

(3) that merchat didn't use DD 
 (but in my case, this is the point)

(4) that merchant waited only 4 hours, but I've been waiting fot 6 days 
(still waiting)

(5) that merchant only had 2 orders, that could just  be a temporary accident
(not my case)

(6) that merchant delivered items manually and wanted to be paid directly by LL
(did I???????)

 

Did you really read both ISSUEs?? 


this was a while back, and at that time, I was hand delivering 3 or 4 times a day.  There was various lingo on each transaction, but pretty sure that the lingo on this one was "Being Delivered" since the support ticket sent me to that particular Jira.

Evidently your customers are receiving the goods?   This particular customer said he did not, and I had him in IM for a while.  He said his payment was taken out of funds.

On small orders, I was not even waiting 4 hours, I just sent the stuff, and crossed fingers for payment, but this was a large order, and because it included items that I paid for in a Featured Enhancement - I sorta wanted to get paid, if you get my drift.  That one order would pay for another month's featured listing.

Correct, it was magic box, so refer to Toy's comments, just above.

I waited 4 hours to deliver to the guy, because at that time, they were issuing refunds pretty fast, maybe within an hour, plus I had to go make dinner :)   After 4 hours, I checked in with him, and still no refund, so I hand delivered.  anything past that, and you are going to have a pissed off customer.

The waiting for 4 hours bit, is only how long I waited until he got a refund, which he did not. 

It was not only 2 orders, this went on for the whole month.  People said it was my fault, so that's why I popped in here, to tell you, it might not be your fault.  I don't if it is related or not - technically challenged in a big way.

You can see how far I got pasting one order.....no, was not going to spend several days, pasting orders up there, until there was a response.

Heck yeah, I wanted to get paid.  If your customers are not receiving the goods, you might want to start delivering manually, in order not to lose some good customers.  Many do not understand what is going on.  It reflects upon your own store biz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to see what you wrote clearly, but there're flames burning in front of my eyes right now.

I should just listen to Mickey's suggestion...calm ..........down.........read this later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super, I had the same experience as Mickey while using magic boxes and was directed to post in that JIRA. My situation was the same as hers: the delivery was NOT received by the customer but the customer was charged. She contacted me to ask me to redeliver, but when I checked it was hung up in "being delivered", so like Mickey, I just sent the item to the Lady and said that if the transaction completed that's great, if not consider it a gift from me. I just checked the transaction log and it is now "delivery expired" so I don't know if she received a refund or not.

The situation I tested for you was different. It was the Direct Deliver system. The item I bought from your MP store was successfully delivered. My account was charged (it was free but the transaction was recorded). But, your account still shows "being delivered" AND so does my order history (even though my dashboard shows the transaction).

To me, they are different.

What Toy said is true...magic boxes have been villified for ages now and it would appear that those issues persist even with Direct Delivery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×