Which graphics tablet do you have or wish you could have?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i did have this posted in the building and texturing....but people respond better to threads in here than anywhere..

plus i think it would be a neat topic..there are some really neat things  you can do with these besides just graphics stuff..they make a nice replacement for a mouse as well.

anyways..the rest is just copy and paste from the post i deleted from the other quiet section lol

=========================================================================

i've always wanted one but have for some reason or another never gotten one yet..

Now i am in the market for one and was wondering..

which ones you all use and which ones do you really dream about getting??

i know some can be way up there in price..

i'm just looking for something with decent size that i could use with my desktop and laptop..but still has as many freedoms as i can pack into it..

which would be your dream tablet??

which do you feel is the best all around of them all??

also a good mid range one??

also a good starter one??

just to kind of cover all the ranges for others that may be looking as well..

the one i am looking at right now and thinking of getting is the Intuos5 with touch medium sized.

thank you in advance for any input you all may give =)

I have been using an Intuos 4 medium as a mouse replacement  for 10 months now and absolutely loving it. It is much lighter on the hands than using a mouse all day and the radial menu is brilliant. It does take a little while to get used to it, but after a week or so, you will probably not want to part with your tablet ever again :D

Cheap tablets, are not worth it in my opinion. I bought a cheap one (non-wacom) a couple of years back, used it for about 20 minutes and put it away. It was a plasticy scratchy thing. The Intuos has an excellent feel to it.

As for size, it will depend on what you plan on doing. For a single monitor a small would probably be enough, but if you use 2 screens yóu will almost certainly want a medium or perhaps even a large.

If you are primarily going to use it for painting it depends if you like to paint from wrist or used to making big strokes with your arm.

I cant speak for the cheaper Wacoms, but money spent on the Intuos was money well spent for me. It is worth every penny.

If you do get one, you may also want to try out the softer white felt nibs, they do wear a little faster but feel really nice. Smudgeguard can be a good accessory if you use your tablet a lot. (www.smudgeguard.com)

Everyone seems to be drooling over the Cintiq 24HD but I have seen one live, and it is huge. Sadly didn't get to try it out.

Also, if your camera is spinning like crazy when trying to alt+left click cam in SL you will need to set DisableMouseWarp to TRUE in SL viewer debug settings.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Wish I had the Cintiq

hehehe i was so tempted to get it but did a lot of thinking before hand thismorning lol

i'll probably wait until next years bonus to see what they have out..but i would love to have that thing..

i would be on it all the time..that would eat up all my free time just creating..but i would love it hehehe

Aveline Stein wrote:

I have been using an Intuos 4 medium as a mouse replacement  for 10 months now and absolutely loving it. It is much lighter on the hands than using a mouse all day and the radial menu is brilliant. It does take a little while to get used to it, but after a week or so, you will probably not want to part with your tablet ever again
:D

Cheap tablets, are not worth it in my opinion. I bought a cheap one (non-wacom) a couple of years back, used it for about 20 minutes and put it away. It was a plasticy scratchy thing. The Intuos has an excellent feel to it.

As for size, it will depend on what you plan on doing. For a single monitor a small would probably be enough, but if you use 2 screens yóu will almost certainly want a medium or perhaps even a large.

If you are primarily going to use it for painting it depends if you like to paint from wrist or used to making big strokes with your arm.

I cant speak for the cheaper Wacoms, but money spent on the Intuos was money well spent for me. It is worth every penny.

If you do get one, you may also want to try out the softer white felt nibs, they do wear a little faster but feel really nice. Smudgeguard can be a good accessory if you use your tablet a lot. (

Everyone seems to be drooling over the Cintiq 24HD but I have seen one live, and it is huge. Sadly didn't get to try it out.

Also, if your camera is spinning like crazy when trying to alt+left click cam in SL you will need to set DisableMouseWarp to TRUE in SL viewer debug settings.

i think with the multi touch screen that using my fingers and the pen..it should be pretty easy to get a natural feel from it..

i'm gonna get the medium..that would be perfect for me..

i was watching an hour and a half  review of the intuos5 thismorning and i think it has me sold..just the software that comes with it alone is worth the money hehehe

they packed it full of goodies..all full programs too ..no demos or light versions..=)

Six Igaly wrote:

I use Intuos 3. So a bit older already. Can't do without. It is hard to tell which is best tho, since i never used more then two so far. I think Intuos is always a good choice. It is more about what you want to spend. 

ya they seem to stand out from the rest in a lot of ways from what i had looked at..

i can't wait for mine to get here now hehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.