Failed direct delivery

Luana Juliesse
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was afraid of that possibility, so I make sure that each folder has all the contents which it should have when I drag the folders into merchant outbox. Did you check the contents of that item on Manage listing page? To do so click on "Actions" and select "View Contents".

There are also reports of items being delivered but on Customer Order History and Merchant Transactions it is still being shown as stuck in "Being Delivered" - no money going to the Merchant, but Customer receives the Item.

See the end of this thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Direct-Delivery-Feedback/td-p/1444829/page/16

Luana, yesterday when I was doing the migration, the lag was causing items transferred from my inventory to the outbox to sometimes result in an empty folder...I had to wait and make sure the little "carrot" next to the folder icon appeared (meaning there was something in the folder). Sometimes it never appeared and I had to delete the folder and start over until it did appear. Another issue, was that if I had folders already in the Outbox, it was very easy to mistakenly place an item inside one of those folders if I transferred in batches.

That Outbox is actually a bit tricky...I learned yesterday to go slow and check everything because once it is sent to the MP, there's no way to check without doing test delivery (and for those of us with hundreds of items that's just not realistic) or to discover it through Customer feedback.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

That Outbox is actually a bit tricky...I learned yesterday to go slow and check everything because once it is sent to the MP, there's no way to check without doing test delivery (and for those of us with hundreds of items that's just not realistic) or to discover it through Customer feedback.

This is something I've always suggested when it comes to the Marketplace .. GO SLOW! It has a really bad habit of doing wrong things when rushed. It was (and still is) that way when updating Magic Boxes, and with the heavy load it's undergoing now, it's even more likely to happen with DD items.

So please, people ... take your time. The extra 5 minutes you spend on the front end will save you hours later.

(What's that old saying? "A stitch in time..." *grin*)

Archived