I have Phoenix that supports Mesh, 1.6.1 but, Mesh won't work for me. I am lost on why it wont work.

Mandie Zobovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have Phoenix Viewer 1.6.1 and it is Mesh enabled but, won't work. I have friends that it works for but, not me. I know how to get to the Custom on Graphics tab the whole clicking Skinning Hardware, what else is there to do? I know my Laptop can support it because my Graphics have always been on the highest, and I never have crashing issues or anything. So what could be wrong? At first I was anti Mesh and didn't want that change but now, I realize I am missing out. By the way, I have downloaded Firestorm and it works perfectly fine on viewer 2 but, I am stingy and don't like it. What do I do?

4 answers to this question

I can't say why Phoenix doesn't work for you for sure.  However, my guess is that you have corrupted files and need to download a new copy and do a complete clean re-install of it.

However if Firestorm does you can use the latest version V4 and customize it to so the interface on your screen looks like Phoenix's V1 based viewer.  Look on the home page of the Phoenix site for a link to a video you can watch to show you how.  Note that when you download the new version, you have to do a clean install.  Directions are given on their website about how to do that if you don't know how. 

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

As Luc points out, saying Mesh doesn't work doesn't tell us much. There really isn't anything to turn on or off mesh rendering. It's either there, or it renders as an egg or donut. We need to know what you are seeing.

Also, Phoenix has a support group in world. Check with them. They can usually help while you are online.

After trying out the Firestorm Viewer out of curiosity I decided to go back to the PhoenixViewer 1.6.1 1691 because it worked perfectly for me. When I revisited the www.phoenixviewer.com/downloads.php site to re-download the PhoenixViewer 1.6.1 1691 it downloaded the 1.6.0 instead. I have tried a number of times. Why is this happening?
Thanks...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.