You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a single guy friend who did something sweet for a woman he met recently and she repaid him by turning into a complete psycho stalker.  Apparently the very next day she was IMing him from Alts, tracking his log on habits with some script, and having friends IM him constantly.  He wound up having to mute her fairly quickly, and to this day, two months later, he's still muting and reporting her Alts and friends DAILY.  Why would any self respecting woman behave this way?  After he muted her she started paying him small amounts of lindens at a time, (why ? Does that tell you if you are muted? or was it an attention getter?)  I would NEVER chase someone like this.  Ever.  !  So gentlemen, for those of you who are terrified of doing sweet things for women like he did for reasons like this, just remember.  We aren't ALL crazy, just some of us.

Kristen Coledale wrote:

I have a single guy friend who did something sweet for a woman he met recently and she repaid him by turning into a complete psycho stalker.  Apparently the very next day she was IMing him from Alts, tracking his log on habits with some script, and having friends IM him constantly.  He wound up having to mute her fairly quickly, and to this day, two months later, he's still muting and reporting her Alts and friends DAILY.  Why would any self respecting woman behave this way?  After he muted her she started paying him small amounts of lindens at a time, (why ? Does that tell you if you are muted? or was it an attention getter?)  I would NEVER chase someone like this.  Ever.  !  So gentlemen, for those of you who are terrified of doing sweet things for women like he did for reasons like this, just remember.  We aren't ALL crazy, just some of us.

Unfortunately Kristen, there are any number of individuals on the grid who are evidently that lifeless and bored that they find doing this type of grief to people to be a form of entertainment. I have had some similar experiences myself. Usually it takes getting oneself out of the picture long enough for the person to move on. I'm glad to hear it's being reported. Sometimes investigations on these things can take a while. Hope your friend don't give up.

And to me, it's the difference between a true resident and someone that is just here to play games. Good luck to you both.

Yes, you're right.  What's sad is that he had to take out all of his pictures from his profile today out of respect for his friends and the places he visits.  That's really sad, for a SL to become the place you need to hide FROM, instead of IN. If that makes sense.  I wanna tell her off so SO SO bad, but I know it would only fuel her more. >.<

Crazy comes in all shapes and forms, male and female (especially in SL). I've met plenty of mentally un-hinged, pushy, jerky-jerk-face males, but luckily none of them have carried on stalking. It helps to be a little bit of a b*tch (when they cross your boundaries, mind you), that way they want to stay away from you.

I think he's being very careful not to violate TOS himself, except to forward the Ims to LL consistently in abuse reports.  according to him she has suddenly gone quiet so I wonder if they took action, and if so, what the action might be!  Anyone know what they do to stalkers? Send a warning? Ban?  Nothing at all?

Kristen Coledale wrote:

I think he's being very careful not to violate TOS himself, except to forward the Ims to LL consistently in abuse reports.  according to him she has suddenly gone quiet so I wonder if they took action, and if so, what the action might be!  Anyone know what they do to stalkers? Send a warning? Ban?  Nothing at all?

Linden Lab never informs the plaintiff the outcome but it can run the range of no action taken to a perma ban depending on the severity of the offense.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.