Left Justification of llSetText

Tharkis Olafson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'd like to left justify my llSetText Text. However, I've noticed that it doesn't use a mono-spaced font. So.. My first question is does anyone know exactly what font it is using? Or does anyone have a function that they feell like giving out that accomplishes this? I don't mind doing it myself if I can find the font family for llSetText().

The best guess I can give about the font that's being used is at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/UI_Widgets, where it says 

font="SanSerifSmall" // sets the font used for any text used by the widget. 99% of these in the viewer are SanSerif and SanSerifSmall [my emphasis]

Hover text does look like SanSerif, so that's probably right.  I'm not sure how that helps in your quest for left-justification, however.  The only way I know of to change left-right placement of hover text (centered by default) is to pack it with spaces or non-printing characters.

Hi, the font depends on the viewer, but yes they are all using some proportinal one or another. Most viewers these days use DejaVu Sans, older 1.x viewers used FontFont Meta Book.  Occasionally a viewer will use something completely different, especially Imprudence experimented with a few different ones.

If you only need basic ASCII characters and want to force monospace, you can "cheat" and use the fullwidth characters normally intended for use in CJK text.

Adeon Writer wrote:

The font  is Deja Vu sans. It's a propriatry font, so third party viewers usually use a different one entirely.

This is false. DejaVu is an open source project. Third party viewers are using it too.

The old 1.x viewers did use the proprietary Meta font family, but that was retired in later Snowglobe viewers, and the 2.x viewers never used it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.