Original avatar vs. Alternate avatar

Luc Goldshark

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My issue is that when I log in on my original account my avatar wouldn't appear (to save you trouble from typing much about it, I followed the instructions on how to make it appear). On my alternate account, that avatar pops up as soon as the loading screen disappears, maybe even before its finished loading and I could see what my original avatar looks through the alts eyes when I put the two together. Is there a reason behind all of this? 

2 answers to this question

Nope.  Whenever your avatar's appearance is a fuzzy cloud, a white blob, a mix of odd textures, or whatever, it's because there was incomplete communication betweeen your computer and LL's servers. The baking process involves the servers and your viewer trading information back and forth several times, so there's more than one chance for things to get borked. Depending on when the error was created, you might be able to see yourself just fine (and others see you as a cloud) or you might see yourself as a cloud (and others see you just fine).  I have this same experience with my alt sometimes.  She'll look fine to me but she'll be a cloud when I look through her own eyes.  All you can do is follow the general bake fail suggestions on whichever account is the one with the cloudy appearance.  Here they are >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.