Sign in to follow this  
Sera Lok

LINDENS - SPEED UP THE MARKETPLACE!

The Marketplace was painfully slow before but tolerable enough to deal with. NOW, merchants really can't expect to get anything done, and shoppers can't get any shopping done!

PLEASE upgrade the network, the servers, the whatever, to make this site function as it should.

As it stands I'm waiting up to 5 minutes for a page to load, just so I can try send a gift to someone. (and then find out the avatar can't be found, grrr).

It takes me several minutes to simply log out and log back in.

I'm not a fan of using capitals... but this is ATROCIOUS.

Hi Sera. FDo you know if the magic boxes are still working? i've been trying to update my inventory since this morning. No joy :(

Hi Garey, the magic boxes will still work through May 18 (April 18 for items $10L and under).  But right now it's near impossible to do anything at all on the marketplace website.  The loading time is utterly horrendous.  it just took me almost 20 minutes to simply log into an alt and buy a linden bear.  :(

They seriously need to sort this out, That is bad! So the items that i have listed in my magic box over 10L will soon become obsolete?

I agree, the marketplace website was FAST when xstreet was around, thats why it was so easy and quick to use and thats why it became popular. but marketplace man... like you say 5minutes to load a page, 20mins to relog. sometimes when im updating products the stuff in there takes 5munutes each to load like uploading pictures (ONE BY F** ONE), or add related items is suuuuuuper slow, etc... just editing ONE item will prob take u a minimum of 5minutes if your lucky!

we need some serious overhauling on MP for speed!

Yes, they will, unless you convert them over to Direct Delivery. Which is actually a pretty easy process if you do it the simple way of just dragging them out of your Magic Box, and then dragging them into the Merchant Outbox and upload them.  You should check out all the documentation and videos that are available right now. And make sure you have a viewer that supports Merchant Outbox, like LL V3 or Firestorm.

Well personally I think its disgusting. The marketplace will now be flooded with new items from creators who dont even need a sim to rez a magic box. Get ready for a huge infiltration of crap everybody. This will slowly but surely phase out in world shopping. Pretty counter productive for the Lindens I'd say. No shops, no land sales. Its a slippery slope. else at  Turning a fast buck wont work & it will affect SL massively.

At first I thought it was my ISP, dodgy broadband and time of day but  it soon became clear that the MP servers  just can't handle the load. I suspect this great freeze is  a result of the law of unintended consequences. Many like me had not planned to rush into migration but when they  announced those crazy drop dead dates they also started a stampede.

My sales are down at least 75% over the last 2 days - I'm wouldn't be surprised if quite a few others are hurting too.

I use the wait time to get on with other things for instance I washed up all the supper dishes and brewed a cup of tea in the time it took complete my last refresh. I'm not going to touch  my inventory over the weekend and maybe  come Monday they will have added a few extra gears to the machine.

^L^

This is true but it will also filter out some of the old stuff that have creators that aren't around anymore. I don't think you'll see much more in the way of crap than we already do. Having a place to rez 1 prim for a magic box really isn't all that difficult or hard to come by. Besides if it's crap...let them put their crap up,it won't sell.

Even if it doesn't sell it will make it harder for good creators to showcase their work.  But who knows hopefully the lindens do know what they're doing.  But by the looks of things right now.  I'd say that was highly improbable :)

hope it is just me, but i just tried clicking on a couple top level categories from main MP page, and it said 'No matching items found."

yeah there are a ton of people who have just reported they have nothing listed in their store. I think this is probably widespread. seems like a temp glitch, my items were gone and now they are back.

No doubt this is gonna get Josh calling me a "Linden Apologist"" again but .. I swear this comes from a purely technical and "past experience" place.

Assuming that one computer can run the MP on a "normal" day .. run it at an acceptable clip, then to run now with at least 10x the normal load would require 10x the computers, right? So assuming that LL adds nine more computers to handle the load that is occurring just during the DD rollout, what would they do with the extra computers once this initial rush is over and the load returns to normal?

Frankly it would be a bad investment in hardware to load up on extra computing power just for this initial rush. It would just be wasted processing capability in a few weeks. And it's not like they're starving for computers these days, what with all the Sims going offline.

So, as a geek, I can understand why they're not doing the "logical" thing and dumping a bunch of iron on the speed problems. A little patience and this too shall pass.

Yeah... but it was pretty slow before this too.. I've been working with it adding/editing items regularly... it just hasn't been 'grinding halt' slow like it is right now. So it needs improvement overall.  It is something I forgot to mention in my survey response because, well, there are so many other things I wanted to address.  I said earlier in this thread that I don't even shop much on Marketplace any more because it just takes too long in general. I'm sure others feel the same way.

And with the deadlines they have imposed, it wouldn't be a bad idea to ramp up the speed for a month or so to accommodate everyone rushing in to migrate their listings.

Sera Lok wrote:

Yeah... but it was pretty slow before this too.. I've been working with it adding items regularly... it just hasn't been 'grinding halt' slow like it is right now. So it needs improvment overall.  It is something I forgot to mention in my survey response because, well, there are so many other things I wanted to address.  I said earlier in this thread that I don't even shop much on Marketplace any more because it just takes too long in general. I'm sure others feel the same way.

And with the deadlines they have imposed, it wouldn't be a bad idea to ramp up the speed for a month or so to accommodate everyone rushing in to migrate their listings.

10-4 on that one, for sure. Or extend the deadlines by a month or six. *grin*

Darrius Gothly wrote:

10-4 on that one, for sure. Or extend the deadlines by a month or six. *grin*

Agreed! Although I can imagine how badly they wanna pull the plug on old xstreet site... ^^

Sera Lok wrote:

Agreed! Although I can imagine how badly they wanna pull the plug on old xstreet site... ^^

I tried doing some product updates earlier.  O. M. G.!  Even the outbox was failing.  It kept telling me;  "Success!" but my folders and products just sat there in the outbox pretty as you please.  I finally just gave up.

To the Commerce Team:  I know you are "working on it," but as far as we merchants can tell, nothing is gettin done.  I hope you don't send anybody home tonight until the site is operating perfectly.  You roll out this MAJOR system change, and then everything comes to a crushing halt.  I have not had one sale since direct delivery rolled out!  Please fix this NOW!

I am very sorry for you merchants, but what is causing you slow downs and delays, is causing us shoppers the exact same thing, and we are far, far, less patient than you guys. I hope things will improve for you shortly.