How long does a Process Credit to Paypal actually take?

Alaska Metropolitan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I put through a request on March 13th to cash out to my PayPal account.

Now, the money is no longer in my Second Life account... but it's not in PayPal either, 1.5 weeks later.

I phoned Billing Support, they told me to phone PayPal.

I phoned PayPal, they told me there's no record anywhere in their system of the transaction.

When I view "Process Credit History" in my account panel, I can see the transaction information, but the Status field is completely blank. Even viewing the page source, there's nothing there. I've double checked that I used the correct PayPal email.

I started a support ticket to LL yesterday and the only response I've gotten was "What's the PayPal email you used?" which is... already listed in the support ticket. *facepalm*

I'm starting to get worried. The money's GONE, it's not in my SL account, it's not in my PayPal... is it possible this process takes more than the 0-5 days claimed and it's still in transit? Or... did I just lose hundreds of dollars that I'm counting on for my real life bills and rent??

5 answers to this question

Five days is the norm.  A week and a half is not good.  Something is wrong.  The only way you're going to get it sorted out is with Linden Lab's billing office, I'm afraid.  There's not a thing that anyone here can do, since we're all SL residents like you.  If I were you, I would keep calling the billing office politely and insistently until you get someone who can figure out what's happening.  If you have all of your records and have been keeping track of the people you've contacted there and at PayPal, something ought to break loose for you.   I hope.

• Like 1

This is a load of crap, is what this is. I first tried processing a credit back in February that did not go through for some reason, and I feared the worst, but had other things going on so I let it lie for awhile. Luckily, the money was still in my SL account this month and I tried again. So now, they want me to wait I don't know how many business days (today makes five). It does say "Processing" in the status, at least. Has Linden not gotten the memo that it is 2014? When I make a charge on my Paypal credit card on a WEEKEND, by the time I get home (1-2 hours) I get an email that a charge has been made to my account and they are seeking money to cover it from my attached bank account. It usually is withdrawn from my bank the very next morning, or the second morning if the charge was made on a Saturday. So, one financial transaction, THREE points of service. 12-36 hours. So, FIVE DAYS? (And it has now been that long for me and it is still not through.) WTF?

I'm presently contemplating making a formal complaint to the Federal Trade Commission, and the Chair of the Senate Banking Committee, and I suggest anyone else having this sort of problem do the same.

• Like 1

Good rant. Did you try calling the Linden Lab billing office? When something like this happens, it's usually because your SL account and your PayPal account aren't linked properly. The Billing Office can usually sort it out fairly quickly if you ask politely. It's a free call, any time 24/7 >>> US/Canada: 800-294-1067. BTW, you're lucky that I saw your post in this ancient thread. If you really want to ask a question that people are likely to see, it's better to start a fresh thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.