New DD Total Bs

Anakin Dyrssen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wow reading all the post's about the new DD,Sounds like a big pain in the ass to me.All the problems everyone is having.So i want to know what viewers are going to be supported with this.I use phoenix right now,So if Phoenix is not going to support DD that means i either have to move to LL Viewer which i see as a way of LL telling us what we can and can't do,Which is total bull**bleep**.Sounds like nothing but more problems.I'm going to wait as long as possible to see if they fix all the bugs,Yeah right then go to DD or stop selling on the market place.So hoping Phoenix will support it.

jamie Cheeky wrote:

Phoenix viewer did recently release an important update regarding the DD system so I would assume you can use it with phoenix - but yes firestorm is a good alternative
:)

No, as the blog entry for Phoenix stated, it introduces an icon for the Received Items folder.  Nothing more.

You cannot upload the Merchant Outbox using Phoenix (or any other v1 at present that I know of).

Viewers that do work, LL's latest, Firestorm 4 and I believe someone said Dolphin worked too.  LL are not dictating what can be used any more than the TPV's need code from LL for other features, such as mesh.

Whether any viewer 1 will ever back port the code remains to be seen, i'm sure at least one will.

Phoenix latest version has the 'in' folder and a 'merchants out' folder but currently there is no way to activate the merchant out in Phoenix. However Firestorm is working just fine - if you are  coming at the merchant outbox for the first time you might have to wait a while for it to recognise you and accept your items. It took about 16 hours for it say hello to me but that might have been because of system overload on the first day.

If you have less than 100 items then it should be a reletively easy process to get yourself up and running with DD the real niggles and clunkyness start happening with inventories that are in the hundreds or even thousands and if you have  multiple magic boxes in different  regions a bit of forward planning is advisable.

The snags arise when you come to clean up after the migration. It would be a gross understatement  to say that the inventory tools are inadequate - more apporopriate words for them are not allowed in a family forum tlike this.

Removing your unassociated items involves a little dance back to the long forgotten

> xstreet page that hosts your magic boxes https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=adminservers

> Delete the relevent  boxes

> jump back to your inventory

> do a sync with magic boxes > refresh

> if your lucky the unassociated items will be gone (most likel;y not)

> sign right out of marketplace

> sign back in and go to your inventory and this time your unassociated should be clear.

Now if  like me you intend to deliver your goods packaged so that all the nice branding  etc can be seen on rez and not encourage newbie laziness you need to progress to the second movement of the dance.

You will need to tell customers that they will have to unpack the goods themselevs. The  MP default is to tell residents that pre-opened folders will come their way.

You can do this one by one by editing your individual listings and  beside 'User Requirements' tick 'Unpacking'

Fine if you only have a few items -

If you have more than  a hundred items

>use the bulk edit by selecting all the items you have just uploaded then

> select edit from the drop down menu at the bottom of the listing page

> tick unpacking as above and then

> update button.

It will take a few minutes minimum to refresh maybe longer I read two pages of a novel while waiting for the last update cycle to finish. I truly fear the MP server is going to blow up before this exercise is cooked.

A final word of caution don't try to load more than 100 items into your 'merchant outbox' - that is a recipe for confusion and more problems.

Sadly the Commerce team have  said they will not answer any questions  until early april and  true to their word they  have said next to nothing in order to help us out in these early days.

But they put a lot of thought into rendering a creepy bear image gloating while burning a pile of magic boxes. Personally I think the boxes are meant to represent certain residents.

^L^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.