Can regions owned by different people be a part of a single estate?

Jorges Pedalo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would be VERY cautious about that.  No matter how well you get along now, who knows what the future will bring.  Only one person can be the estate owner, so one would have to transfer their region or regions to another.  This could be fraught with drama if things don't work out and the person that is the nominal estate owner refuses to relinquish a sim back to the other.  LL would not get involved in it either because they presume you know what your doing when you transfer an estate.

A wiser alternative would be for each of you to make the other an estate agent.  Then you could both administer both sims and do anything an estate owner can do with a few exceptions.  If it doesn't work out, then you just have to boot the other one from their estate agent status and not lose your control of it.

You can also have the islands moved so they adjoin each other.  You can do that by both submitting support tickets requesting the move.  There is a fee involved that you could split if one island is the only one that was to be moved.  However if both had to be moved because there is not enough space around either to accommodate the other, then both would have to pay the fee.

Sage advice, thank you!  We already have the regions adjoining and I was simply thinking it would be nice if things like bans, allowed residents, estate messages and the like were able to work across the regions, but it sounds like actual ownership of the region must be held by the same person and that is not acceptable.  I don't see any way for a group to own a region, only parcels within the region, correct?

• 3 weeks later...

Jorges Pedalo wrote:

Sage advice, thank you!  We already have the regions adjoining and I was simply thinking it would be nice if things like bans, allowed residents, estate messages and the like were able to work across the regions, but it sounds like actual ownership of the region must be held by the same person and that is not acceptable.  I don't see any way for a group to own a region, only parcels within the region, correct?

Hi Jorges -

You are correct. For every Estate there can be only one owner.  This must be an avatar, not a group.

You can have a group of sims all stuck together and each having a different Estate and Estate (Region) Owner.

The only way around this would be to use an alt.  If you have partners and decide to start a land business together, you *could* put everything in the name of an alt that you both have access to. Be careful, not only is this risky but it may be against Terms of Service.  

I'm not advising you to do this, I'm just letting you know that's about the only way to do what you want to do. :matte-motes-wink:

Have fun, and good luck!

Lizard Howl

Segarra Estates Owner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.