Delete Unassociated Items suggestions

Sera Lok

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope this will help some of you having problems with deleting unassociated items:

I had 11 magic boxes, so I converted them to DD one at a time (I am just putting the boxes in there for now).  Because you cannot have more than 100 items in your Unassociated Items at any one time (one of the Torley videos points this out) (edited: apparently you can have any number of magic box unassociated items, but i still recommend doing this step by step), you really need to do it step by step, I did 1 magic box at a time following these steps:

My experience: After uploading to the Merchant Outbox, I then had all those items in my unassociated items area (these are the old Magic Box items, the Direct Delivery items are reassociated automatically if you kept the same exact name of object/folder). I deleted the Magic Box from inworld and re-synced marketplace to Magic Boxes, but it seemed to take a long time and so....

-  Click "Magic Box Status" under Inventory (on the website), which takes you to the old Xstreet site. 

- Cancel the popup that comes up, and scroll down until you see where your Magic Boxes are listed (ignore all the unassociated item listings, look to the middle to bottom left of the page for the Magic Box listings),

- You will see an option to Force remove the boxes.  You need to have already deleted your magic box inworld, then manually delete it on this page.

- After you've deleted the magic box, go back to the Marketplace website and do the Resync again and refresh the page.. all the items should be gone. -- So you do not do ANY deleting from within the Marketplace website.

- Once it syncs, it should see that you have force removed the box and just remove the unassociated items totally.

In my experience, it seemed like it was taking WAY too long for the Marketplace to recognize the boxes were gone. So the force remove worked for me.

I would not have thought to do it this way if not for reading of yesterday's frustration with unsuccessfully deleting unassociated items, so thanks to those who expressed their issues and frustrations (thanks, Marcus Hancroft and others).  Seems that force deleting the Magic Boxes from the old Xstreet page after deleting them from inworld is the best way to go.

I forgot all about the 100 unassociated items only, and uploaded them all. After I deleted all the magic boxes on the old site, they all sync'd purrfectly.

:catvery-happy:

Now all I have to do is delete each listing that I took down, all individually, and all on a completely lagging MP website. :catsad:

This removed a lot for me but it didn't remove all. If you remove items one at a time it'll remove them, but the website is crazy slow right now. It feels like a database isn't indexed properly. I've dealt with stuff like this developing web apps. They will probably figure it out or what else is wrong soon enough.

When you remove multiple items, the page is probably exceeding execution time and going to that error page. It's one of those things that you have no idea is wrong when you're beta testing with a tiny percentage of the total population and you just flick a switch and turn it on for everyone. LL should start staggering releases for users. I'm pretty sure that's what Facebook does.

Sera Lok wrote:

-  Click "Magic Box Status" under Inventory (on the website), which takes you to the old Xstreet site. 

- Cancel the popup that comes up, and scroll down until you see where your Magic Boxes are listed (ignore all the unassociated item listings, look to the middle to bottom left of the page for the Magic Box listings),

- You will see an option to Force remove the boxes.  You need to have already deleted your magic box inworld, then manually delete it on this page.

- After you've deleted the magic box, go back to the Marketplace website and do the Resync again and refresh the page.. all the items should be gone. -- So you do not do ANY deleting from within the Marketplace website.

- Once it syncs, it should see that you have force removed the box and just remove the unassociated items totally.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

After 3 days deleting my Unassociated Items and watching reappeared them soon after, this was the solution. Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

bump. sure would be nice if LL could make a sticky with links to theads like this, and links to the official documentation on converting to DD.  The links on the merchant homepage are now gone and I see no easy way to find the documentation in one easy to reference place.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.