Dealing With the Neighbors.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 wrote:

is heaps of builds all over the mainland where i have finished half-made abandoned derelict builds. i use up all the prims as well most times (: 

half-made and never came back.

so i completed it for him.

same on quite a few other places i have finished.

Oooo...

Just figured out a plan for building my next project.

Just rez some of it here and there, them IM you and say "OMG, some noob didn't finish her build and its sitting here all messy like!!!"

:D

16 wrote:

can either buy into neighbour wars or can chill. seems like you more inclined to chill tho so thats good

seems also that you using your parcel as a storage place and for not much else. if so then should return her stuff. i would actual do that myself and then make a little shed to store my stuff in. plant a few trees on it as well and then not worry about it or my neighbours ever again

+

just on building on other people's parcels where they never log in any more. am guilty of that. is from my zoo days. is heaps of builds all over the mainland where i have finished half-made abandoned derelict builds. i use up all the prims as well most times (: 

is a picture theatre on one roadside parcel that the owner started back in 2007, half-made and never came back. he left auto-return at 0. so i completed it for him. is still there so he must still be renewing his account each year. he has never returned my prims or ever even contacted me about them. same on quite a few other places i have finished. no one else either. when i do get them back is usual when the land gets sold or repo'd by linden

i know i shouldnt be doing this but oh well (:

^^This^^ On all three points.

I know it's easier said than done, but it really is better to avoid the neighbor war.

While your neighbor handled the situation in completely the wrong way, it seems to me too that you're using your parcel for placement of random bits.  I would strongly encourage you to full smooth the terrain so that there's a nice flow from one parcel to the next.  Also, buy or build a nice one-room structure and put your stuff in there.  Then, put out a few Linden plants and perhaps build a nice simple fence around the perimeter.  All of the neighbors around you will appreciate that.

And, I too have also finished other people's builds.  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Syo Emerald wrote:

Why do you take everything so serious?

I don't.

toilet.jpg

Syo Emerald wrote:

We don't talk about killing her, her family and her pet. Just about showing her how her behavior gets paid back.

But "showing" someone how their (bad) behaviour gets paid back is just like schoolyard tip taps, and that stopped being fun for me a long long time ago. 

Your neighbor is breaking TOS. Whatever she thinks of your stuff she can't just plop stuff on your land. I heard there is a new ability that you can click on someone else's prim and return it even if the root prim is on their land. Try that. Either way click the item and choose REPORT and choose prim encroachment or object encroachment and report them.

They're the ones giving SL land a bad name not you.

Deltango Vale wrote:

There was an infamous land scammer back in 2006-2008 who used to buy a 512m2 in the middle of other 512s then erect the biggest junkpile possible. Her trademark was flaming KFC buckets and huge posters. She would then set her parcel for sale at an inflated price. If a neighbor bought her land to get rid of the junk, she would immediately buy another 512 nearby and repeat the scam. If anyone tried to speak with her, she would scream - and I mean scream - in the foulest language imaginable - that she was being persecuted. She made a hell of a lot of money running that scam before LL finally kicked her out. Those were rough days on the mainland.

Someone should be documenting these stories for future Second Life generations. This is good stuff! 

I have some mainland land but I don't live on the land, I live in the sky. So far that works for me. This way I don't even care what crazy thing one of the neighbor's puts down which is more than likely going to happen. I have a beautiful church close to me and then somebody got the land next to it and they laid down very ugly red and white LARGE tiles all over their land, no house or anything just those crazy tiles, very tacky and sad because the church has such a peaceful feeling but those tiles drive me nuts. But who am I to judge? This is how the mainland is. Not saying you put something crazy on your land but to me mainland is for skyboxes lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this one was over, but apparently not! I put a house on my parcel (a house of my own design, and quite interesting if I may say so). So today what message do I get from this neighbor (through a screen name)?

"your parcel looks like **bleep**"

The temptation to put something really awful on that 512 is epic, I must say.

Rusalka Writer wrote:

I thought this one was over, but apparently not! I put a house on my parcel (a house of my own design, and quite interesting if I may say so). So today what message do I get from this neighbor (through a screen name)?

"your parcel looks like **bleep**"

The temptation to put something really awful on that 512 is epic, I must say.

May I suggest:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Halloween-Particle-Crowd-of-Noobie-Zombies/563700

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.