Dealing With the Neighbors.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I logged in with a sub-avi recently and discovered that her 512 was badly overlapped by the foundation of the neighbor's house. She was covering up my magic boxes, a chair, and my email re-sender. I figured I was dealing with someone new and sent an IM asking her to please adjust her foundation. What do I hear back from her this morning?

"I tried to cover up the junk in your land. It's a shame that pple like you f*ck up sl."

Apostrophic elision mine. The temptation to park a massive image on the borderline of our lands was quite high. She's still overlapping two other properties. For the record, the only other thing I have on the land is a small awning my sub-avi created. It's not even as tall as her foundation. I may need to add one of the houses that sub-avi sells. A tall one, of course.

I apologized for asking her politely.

Rusalka Writer wrote:

I logged in with a sub-avi recently and discovered that her 512 was badly overlapped by the foundation of the neighbor's house. She was covering up my magic boxes, a chair, and my email re-sender. I figured I was dealing with someone new and sent an IM asking her to please adjust her foundation. What do I hear back from her this morning?

"I tried to cover up the junk in your land. It's a shame that pple like you f*ck up sl."

Apostrophic elision mine. The temptation to park a massive image on the borderline of our lands was quite high. She's still overlapping two other properties. For the record, the only other thing I have on the land is a small awning my sub-avi created. It's not even as tall as her foundation. I may need to add one of the houses that sub-avi sells. A tall one, of course.

I apologized for asking her politely.

wow how rude of them with their way they replied back to you..

i have a feeling they are going to regret being such potty mouths in the near future when they come home and don't see a huge house overlapping everyone else's land..

when situations with people like this come up..i usually remember the funny say.."when LL said your world your imagination..they were not talking to just you"

let them have it..i'll start the count down hehehe

hehehehe

In your neighbour's twisted little mind, she thought she was doing the world a favour by covering up your ugly "junk", just like my brother's real life neighbour thought they were doing the street a good turn by pushing over his wobbly fence because they "thought it might fall down". 

It takes all kinds of folk to make up this world. Just be grateful this person is not your neighbour in real life. You were polite. Keep it polite. Block/mute/AR them as appropriate, but NEVER be tempted to put up a tower or big wall or antagonise the neighbour further.

An eye for an eye only serves to make the world go blind. Two wrongs don't make a right... and all that :catwink:

Rusalka Writer wrote:

I wonder if she parks her car on her neighbors' lawn in RL?

probably mows the lawn. washes the car. hangs twitchy curtains in her house. invites herself round for tea. xmas dinner. your birthday. your other neigbours birthdays. is on the school gala day baking drive committee of one. chair of the campaign for caging neighbourhood cats and small children ...

can either buy into neighbour wars or can chill. seems like you more inclined to chill tho so thats good

seems also that you using your parcel as a storage place and for not much else. if so then should return her stuff. i would actual do that myself and then make a little shed to store my stuff in. plant a few trees on it as well and then not worry about it or my neighbours ever again

+

just on building on other people's parcels where they never log in any more. am guilty of that. is from my zoo days. is heaps of builds all over the mainland where i have finished half-made abandoned derelict builds. i use up all the prims as well most times (: 

is a picture theatre on one roadside parcel that the owner started back in 2007, half-made and never came back. he left auto-return at 0. so i completed it for him. is still there so he must still be renewing his account each year. he has never returned my prims or ever even contacted me about them. same on quite a few other places i have finished. no one else either. when i do get them back is usual when the land gets sold or repo'd by linden

i know i shouldnt be doing this but oh well (:

16 wrote:

can either buy into neighbour wars or can chill. seems like you more inclined to chill tho so thats good

seems also that you using your parcel as a storage place and for not much else. if so then should return her stuff. i would actual do that myself and then make a little shed to store my stuff in. plant a few trees on it as well and then not worry about it or my neighbours ever again

+

just on building on other people's parcels where they never log in any more. am guilty of that. is from my zoo days. is heaps of builds all over the mainland where i have finished half-made abandoned derelict builds. i use up all the prims as well most times (: 

is a picture theatre on one roadside parcel that the owner started back in 2007, half-made and never came back. he left auto-return at 0.
so i completed it for him
. is still there so he must still be renewing his account each year. he has never returned my prims or ever even contacted me about them.
same on quite a few other places i have finished
. no one else either. when i do get them back is usual when the land gets sold or repo'd by linden

i know i shouldnt be doing this but oh well (:

I think that is really rather sweet, especially if it's prettying up the mainland. You would be good as a 'Mole'

What a pity you have a neighbour like this. Rise above it, after you have nicely returned the encroachment. (That new power is a boon.)

I'm so glad you aren't going the way of the huge square mega. It's sooo tempting, I know, to show them a huge snapshot of their own artistic efforts on the side of a prim, but that's a path that leads forever downwards.

If it were me (and it has been with some past neighbours) I'd make some pretty sculpted hedges, no more than head high, and use them to mark off the boundaries. Add arches to allow people through if you like, but do something attractive and non-hostile to mark your territory.

Personally, I don't find magic boxes and such infrastructure overly pretty, so tend to tuck them away somewhere out of sight. Some people put them on a platform, but that just moves the issue upwards. Bury them in the trunk of a tree, maybe.

Magic boxes are going away, so that problem is solved. I made mine invisable. 

I've complained a lot about Mainland in these forums, but at the moment, trying not to look around too much or worry about things. I noticed one of my trees overlaps one of Marie O'Toole's garage's but so far she hasn't sent it back. It's not in the garage, just the invisable part is on her border.

PS. I got yelled at yesterday by a total stranger! She was listening to local voice with me and some friends and did not hear what I said correctly, and sent me a nasty IM! People are people.

Yes--I hide mine behind a wall in the store..but there will still be a collection of various other boxes for businessy things after DD happens.

I think this is a People-being-People issue, not a Mainland issue...Islands just seperate you from your neighbours- it doesn't make them a better class of person.

Love my neighbours. We all landscape happily together, and if we started returning encroaching objects our patch of Mainland would end up bare.

(PS sorry you got yelled at..I've had that happen with strangers hearing the tail end of conversations. I was once testing perms with a friend, and we were experimenting with what happens with friendship status/muting. She said shed unfriend me in local chat..well...someone nearby thought they'd tell her how rude she was being, haha.)

Yeah, this was just a mostly-empty parcel I keep for that avi's workshop. I'd only stopped by to see about the conversion away from magic boxes, only for find mine under a stranger's house! Part of the surprise is that I've been in so long I remember well the ad-farm days. She thought my parcel was unattractive? Yikes.

I wonder if she's my RL neighbor... We don't get along either!

Syo Emerald wrote:

Fighting against unfriendly people can be fun, especially if they are not only unfriendly but silly.

War war is stupid

and people are stupid

and .... oh how does that song go now?

They're often ill people, easy targets, so I don't think it is fun to war with unfriendly people.

War war is stupid

and people are stupid

and ...  

There was an infamous land scammer back in 2006-2008 who used to buy a 512m2 in the middle of other 512s then erect the biggest junkpile possible. Her trademark was flaming KFC buckets and huge posters. She would then set her parcel for sale at an inflated price. If a neighbor bought her land to get rid of the junk, she would immediately buy another 512 nearby and repeat the scam. If anyone tried to speak with her, she would scream - and I mean scream - in the foulest language imaginable - that she was being persecuted. She made a hell of a lot of money running that scam before LL finally kicked her out. Those were rough days on the mainland.

Rusalka Writer wrote:

I wonder if she parks her car on her neighbors' lawn in RL?

ours used to drive though our yard until my husband had him pay for our french drain he wrecked once he found out he was driving over it..

my husband is really intimidating when he has to be..he is a really big man that looks like he could pull a tree out of the front yard and jam it in the ground someplace else and call it tree relocation..lol

i stayed over in our yard and not even 5 minutes went by and my husband came back with a check for the cost of reparing our drain..

i asked him what happened??he just said calmly ..the man wrote me a check for the repair..

then he just went into the house like nothing happend..

i was like..oh no way!!you are telling me this !!!

he wouldn't tell me right away because he loves to make me curious and crazy any chance he gets hehehe

i imagined it going something like this lol

but thats just my imagination when i get left out of the details lol

he finally told me..the man didn't really question paying for it at all and said he was sorry and would even help if he needed him to..

they are actually garage buddies now!! lol

LOL do ya think you can get your husband to swing by my house? My backyard neighbor is horrible about pulling his trailers n stuff through my yard. I constantly have big tire tracks through my lawn. I'll point them out, he'll apologise, it won't happen for a few months.. then one day.. The worst part is that he's a landscaper! His yard is pristine.. I guess thats why he'd rather mess up mine :matte-motes-bored:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.