Sign in to follow this  
rhonin Nissondorf

How do you deal with screen clutter?

wasnt sure which catergory to  put this in but what the hey.   have been trying differenet viewers  and they all look alike now. FUI is cute  but doesnt help me,  I find i am constanly opening and closeing windows and moving them around my screen.

Since the utter demise of the sidebar and its ability to crop the screen. How do  builders/scripters  multitaskers  handle  screen clutter?  

Using a 24 inch screen and Phoenix 1.6.1 (V1 style) working wonders.

The problmen with V2/3/4 based viewers is that floaters, and especially title bars are too thick. V1 at least has much finer and elegant floaters to keep the screen more open.

I have the same problem! The only solution I have come up with it to close everything not building related, and ignore anything else going on in the world...but I mostly did that before anyways :)

I hate the new floaty notifications, it was easier to half ignore-half keep track of incoming conversations when your IM button just showed up at the bottom. I do have to say that FUI is much better looking to me than the v2 and v3 styles. I'm using that now to ease into the new style, but I'm not sure I will ever get used to it.

You may want to try Firestorm.  You have much greater control over your screen and where things will be.  You can even make it look like a V1 viewer. 

to see how  it works.  In addition to what that shows, in preferences you can specify where toasts and IM's will appear or even in some cases if they pop up at all.  They hold free classes where you can learn all the ins and outs too, if you aren't comfortable with or don't have the time to figure it out on your own. 

Firestorm also has a number of extra building features that you probably will find very handy. 

For building, V1 is still the way to go...less clutter and easier to control. I hate that I can't resize the edit panel and have to cycle thru just to get the texture tab.   I don't like where they put the IM function at the top right of the screen...needs to be lower left like in V1 so you can actually see it while working away.  If you could see it, would be less clutter happening.  The Group Notices only half works at times like the old method.

I been forcing myself to use V2/3 Firestorm with the V1 look...it is much better this last upgrade than it ever has been... but it is still not V1.