Can i sell unwanted inventory items

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so i've been a resident sept.. 2010, and i have aquired many different items which i really would like to get rid of. for the record i have all types of objects from makeup, hair, skins., to meeroo nests/supplies, building objects, and textures. i have over 20,000 items and i plan on getting rid of at least a 1/3 of them.

I'm afraid it is not as simple as that if you plan to stay out of trouble.

Just because an item is transferable, does not necessarily imply that you have the right to sell it or even pass it along for free.

If it is items you purchased with no copy/transfer permissions, like a couch set that you no longer need, then you are mostly likely good to sell them.

Textures, even if full perm will almost always be a no-go. If you purchased them, will likely have permission to use them in your builds but not ok for reselling. If you got them passed by a friend or stranger, they likely did not have have the right to give them to you in the first place. The last option for textures would be that they are genuine freebies, in which case it's rather likely that the original creator would want them to stay free.

Building components, like sculpties etc will in most cases fall under the same rules as textures.

Hair, skins and misc full perm items, IF they are legit will either fall under similar regulations as textures. There is also a high probability that the items were illegally copied originally. I have been in SL for 6 years now and have yet to come across something like legal high-quality skin or hair with full permissions. The Eloh skin series are free, and OK to resell if you modified them, however you cannot sell the base skins if i remember correctly.

For any of the full perm items you would have to identify the original creator and get their permission for resale and in the case of hair and skins, the person that uploaded/created them, may or may not be the copyright holder. It is up to you to determine that on a case by case basis. Getting permission from ShadyDealer Resident to sell BigBrandName X item likely won't do much good.

All in-all, unless it's a no-copy/transfer item that you purchased, you can absolutely not dump your whole inventory into a yardsale with good consciousness and without risk of repercussions against your account.

I saw what you wrote, and humbly disagree with the blanket statement of 'Yes it is okay, but...', which in the case of the items listed (textures, building components, hair, skins) should most likely be  a 'No, you cannot sell them, unless..'.

Which is why i tried to give a bit more detailed, even if perhaps incomplete explaination.

thanks for all the answers and i think it would a waist of time to try and sell these items. i think i will give away what i can and delete what i can't give. and if anyone knows of someone in need of anything let me know. most of my items aren't dollar buys so they will be nice things. thanks again for all the answers

Jesica Dragovar wrote:

anyone have any links to yard sales?

oh and 
Chronometria, I IMed you, I have a VKC Irish Wolfhound that's frankly just taking up space in my inventory, let me know if you;re interested

To the person who took the dog, when it was supposed to be bought by me, i would love to know who you are to do that to me. I posted that i have really wanted one of these....someone posts they have one for me and you felt the need to swoop in and take it from them before i can even post a reply to say "yes i would love that dog".

Kick me while i am down, why dont you.

Chronometria wrote:

Jesica Dragovar wrote:

anyone have any links to yard sales?

oh and 
Chronometria, I IMed you, I have a VKC Irish Wolfhound that's frankly just taking up space in my inventory, let me know if you;re interested

To the person who took the dog, when it was supposed to be bought by me, i would love to know who you are to do that to me. I posted that i have really wanted one of these....someone posts they have one for me and you felt the need to swoop in and take it from them before i can even post a reply to say "yes i would love that dog".

Kick me while i am down, why dont you.

sorry about that, you know how fast people can be

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.