Why do each time I Teleport somewhere Second Life crashes. Nothing is in the network status report?

Hahnunah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Subject:

Why do each time I teleport somewhere Second Life crashes. Nothing is in the network status report?

I have completed all port and network changes recommended to me here. I have contacted AT&T U-verse about their 2WIRE Modem/Router It looks good to their support techs; all the other web sites I go to are fine and I have no problems.  Even the SL property manager, Sweety Basevi, where I rent a beachfront spent hours of her time rebooting her systems and mine... She confirmed my suspicions that it is a system problem with Second Life or Linden Labs.

I have totally wiped all viewers and their directories and downloaded fresh copies for MAC of SL Viewer and Firestorm viewer.

On April 8th I will be billed L$21,000 for next months rent... So if this situation is not resolved by then, I will have no choice but to cancel my account -- I am not going to pay over $100 /month for this kind of frustration!

Hah-nu-nah

After getting no help here and getting the following response from Phoenix Viewer Support:

Jira email support discontinued 6:36 PM (16 minutes ago)

Please refer to the web page linked below for information on the many 

ways in which you can request help with Firestorm and Phoenix viewers,

either inworld through our support groups or on the web by filing a

ticket.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=getting_help

I just CANCELLED my account... Linden Labs is going down the tubes if they think the lame support they provide with Bots, Scripts and other users ain't doing the job!! 

I am outter here  and never coming back -- This has been a real waste of time and MONEY $$$

5 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Hahnunah

Check your connection.

Clear your cache.

When you relog, change your login start location to an empty sim - Furball or Quarrel or Itress.

Try to TP. Same problem? Remove all your attachments.  It is possible something scripted that you are wearing is causing a problem.

To add more to this thread, you can do so by clicking on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit".

Teleporting involves passing information about your av and everything she's carrying from one server to another one.  There are several ways for the transfer to go wrong.  The more you carry, for example, the more you increase the chance of losing something and potentially crashing.  That's one reason we advise people not to carry a ton of scripted attachments.  Another very different cause is interference by your own firewall.  If your firewall is blocking outbound TCP port 12043, then teleporting, viewing the World Map, crossing regions, and related activities won't work. See Using Second Life with a firewall for more information.  You may also have trouble if you have set your Maximum Bandwidth slider (in Preferences) too high.  An optimal setting for most people is about 1,200  to 1,500 Kbps or 75% of their measured download speed on the Internet.  

See other suggestions at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_tp_fail  and  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Landmarks-teleporting-and-SLurls/ta-p/700123#Section_.1a

• Like 2

I am having the same problem, it started about 5 days ago, I crash everytime I tp. I have tried everything even restoring my whole pc, changing virus scans, opening my ports and even going naked every where to try to fix the problem, I have updated all drivers that I can update and pretty much out of ideas. I have done everything the guide has told me to do. I replaced my processor today and got a better video card which makes my other games run awesome but sadly, I still have a crash problem. It's so annoying and I am close to give up. I have change viewers as wel, from firestorm to imprudence even the normal viewer from second life. Same problem. I don't know what else to do but I hope you have better luck finding out what's wrong. :(

And you checked your firewall, as suggested above? Rebooted your router? Opened your Statistics Bar (CTRL+Shift+1) and checked for Ping Sim and Packet Loss? Most of the things that will cause you trouble are in your own computer or Internet connection.

I am having exact same problem ... it has nothing to do with where you TP (empty SIM or not) or the avatar's attachments (I have reverted my avatar to one of the V3 selectable avatars just for good measure, or rebooting your modem. What baffles me is that I can get V3 to work perfectly from Starbucks down the street ... but it no longer works here at home with my 2wire modem and TelMex ISP Prodigy  connection. My Phoenix viewer works just fine at home. So it appears that there is some kind of issue between the V3 software and the ISP and/or modem since V3 works OK at Starbucks and the Phoenix viewer works fine everywhere (Starbucks and at home).

So. I guess I need to know what the difference is between the Phoenix or V1 and the newer V2 and V3 viewers (both SL and Firestorm) that permits Phoenix to work fine from my home, but does not allow V2 or V3 to work correctly (teleport crashes, can't buy Lindens (says can't resolve DNS), avatar profiles don't load correctly, SL voice deactivated, sounds not playing, etc., etc.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.