HELP! I can't hear the teacher /some new information

MissLissaDay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so I have EVERY THING enabled and still can not hear the teacher. I see myself with a white dot over my head but no one in the group including the teacher has a white dot over their head, but to everyone else it looks like I'm the only one without a dot .

Things I've tried that have not worked:

1) I've tried rebooting SL

2) I've tried rebooting my computer

3) emptying SL cache

4) changing avatars

5) disabling voice in Preferences → Sound & Media -> Voice Settings, hitting apply, waiting a minute and then enabling voice and hitting apply

6) using the beta viewer

7) seeing if the input/output was working

8) deleting and reinstalling SL

9) closing all other applications except SL

Ok so I've gone to other parts of SL and can hear others using voice just fine. It's only at the Center that I'm having problems, but the thing is no one else is having this problem everyone else can hear the teacher fine. It doesn't make any sense.

Also...When I click on the teacher to adjust his volume there's no slidy bar. An no one shows up in Voice Settings as having voice on. I have been listening to the talks for almost 2 weeks now and have had no problems like this. I don't think it's a firewall issue as SL voice was working fine before yesterday and I haven't changed the firewall in any way. 

2 answers to this question

Try installing Phoenix Viewer, and don't just click trough everything install things at you're personal perference and then after a few clicks you see Install SLVoice Plugin, it will ask you Install SL voice? Click yes and then when you are finished click done. Open up phoenix viewer and then enable Voice chat in preferences.This should fix it....

http://www.phoenixviewer.com/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.