The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i agree with you totally.

i've no doubt that some folks want  this, may even need this.  for instance a club owner with staff to coordinate.

me, i prefer that my off line messages go to e mail.

would love to have the option to turn this off.

do you know if there is a JIRA for this?

You know, I've been scratching my head regarding these things since I first saw them.

In stead of improving the IM systems in world - which would be very much welcomed and even give people an extra incentive to actually log in - they add things like this to the profile - which does not encourage people to log. I do see the usefulness in some cases, and it is no substitute for being in world. Still, in my opinion, not the best solution for getting people in to SL.

- Luc -

I guess it is another way to stay in touch.  Those of us that are oldies, we get out offlines via email and have for years. While not the most efficient way maybe, it works.  Those I trust and wish to communicate more with, I will give my email addy, yahoo, skype, and/or gchat infor. If there is communication by other means outside what I mentioned, it is not seen and ignored.  Think this web profile stuff is more or less for newer users and this maybe a transition period.

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

I guess it is another way to stay in touch.  Those of us that are oldies, we get out offlines via email and have for years. While not the most efficient way maybe, it works.  Those I trust and wish to communicate more with, I will give my email addy, yahoo, skype, and/or gchat infor. If there is communication by other means outside what I mentioned, it is not seen and ignored.  Think this web profile stuff is more or less for newer users and this maybe a transition period.

You make a good point about it being a "transition period."

I would still like the option to turn it on or off just like I have the option whether or not off line IM's go to E Mail.

Having to check still another place for a message is just a pain and I'd rather turn it off unless I was able to get the message and reply to it in world.  Frankly all private messages, from all the SL websites, including marketplace and this forum, should be sent to you in world or you should at least be notified that you got one and who its from.

That's what I tried to say in my very own ineloquent way. Thank you! :) (Reading my own post back, even I couldn't really understand what I meant...)

It is another place to check for messages but at least you can handle these messages in the viewer, while in world.

i agree with you. It would have been better to spend the resources improving the in world experience.

- Luc -

On the other hand, if:

1: You have a very limited inworld time budget

2: A lot of your friends are in other time zones, and often by the time you DO get inworld they're about to leave

Being able to carry on a form of conversation elsewhere, with multiple people, is a nice benefit. Since both those things apply to me I like the feature a whole lot. I assure you it's not reduced the amount of time I spend inworld in the slightest. It's a way to 'talk' without being inworld, but when I'm using it I wouldn't be inworld anyway.

Edited to delete unintended smileys.

Building:

What person needs to rotate a prim on all three axis, all at once?

Please show me the gigantic pile of garbage constructed using this method.

If I wanted to annoy people by spinning an object like a maniac, I might rotate it on all three axis at once.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

What chu mean the other hand?  Dats what I wrote (between the lines n stuff.)  Some ppls can like it and others should has a good way to turn it off. Or at least warn ppl that they's not checking it.   So another win-win. 

I love these days when everyone is agreeing with me.

On the other hand it's making me very nervous.

See, I've never been skilled at reading between the lines. The space is so small I can't hardly even see the letters. It looked to me like everybody was agreeing with you, and I figured that was making you nervous (it would me) so I disagreed just to add balance.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

It seems to me that LL should be coming up with ways to encourage people to
and, oh I dunno,
spend more time inworld
, rather than more FaceTwit-style stuff that encourages the opposite.

But u can hunt for jems or sumptin.  Then if you find some u can feed that to ur friends & post some photos.  I'm sure it's all sposed to build on itself.

Hahahahaha. nice Kwal. I see what you did there.:smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.