Its been a long time since I logged in-is my character gone? I

Pandora Sandial

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

The simple fact that you are logged to this web page proves that your avatar is not gone. This is one of many stupid legends about SL: avatars ARE NOT deleted even if they haven't logged in for years.

ETA: I just looked for you in search and nothing comes off for Pandora Sandial. Therefore I assume you are talking about another avatar of yours. My reply still remains the same as Luc's: SL doesn"t erase accounts for inactivity. Only YOU can delete your account.

If you cannot remember your logins, please check this:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Account-credentials/ta-p/700017

• Like 2

If Pandora Sandial was gone, you would not be able to login these forums, Pandora. I am inworld right now and I do see your profile. So your account is still there. Try to login using the same password you used to enter the website, there should be no problem.

If you have a problem reminding your password, please read the link I posted. The support team will help you to retrieve your password and/or create another one.

Don't worry, your account is really still here. :-)

• Like 1

This is very strange. I'm with Val on this - there really shouldn't be any issues logging in since your profile, and thus, your account is active and present. So, I'm wondering if we have some crossed communication wires What excactly happens when you try to log in? Do you actually manage to log in but don't see your avatar? Or do you try to log in, but get an error message at login? Also, are you able to log in to your account at http://secondlife.com/ ?

- Luc -

Yes, I am able to log in easily but my avatar is nowhere to be seen. Maybe Ive just forgotten what Im supposed to see or how to get into the action of the site- but it keeps offering me to make my avatar and I like the one I have....or had! I actually thought that maybe I would just give up and build a new one but then naming became a problem-all names no matter how out of the ordinary- they were all taken-Im about to just give up altogether-seems impossible to get back in the game!

Could you be having a problem with your camera controls Pandora? When you log in, you should see your avatar from the back, slightly from above. Try to play with the direction arrows while pressing the "alt" button of your keyboard and move around your avi. If you still cannot get to see yourself, it's maybe worth reinstalling the viewer see if it helps. The viewers have changed quite a lot in 5 years, but the controls remain the same. I will be online within an hour or so and will look for you inworld to check if I can see you! :-)

As well as what Val says, could you have a look in the wearing tab in the outfits window (assuming you use a v2/3 based viewer) to see if you are wearing the required body parts (Shape, skin, hairbase, eyes)?

Also, have you tried the Character test in ... the develop menu(?) under Avatar(?)

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.