Eyes

Raven1 Short

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Redgrave's eyes are literally photographic and the best ones are remarkable but the look varies. Amacci's new eyes look nice but I haven't seen them on an avatar yet - they have a very wide range of colors and the highlilght looks very natural. MOPY has the best true black eyes I've seen.

Mine are from Fashism, I like them a lot.  Good color and realistic.  A color comes in a whole range of tones and sizes that you can buy individually or in a fat pack.  Never noticed a psycho stare with them lol.  Occasionally but rarely the textures doesn't rez when I first log in that gives them a zombie look, but that is a SL issue, not the eyes fault, and usually only lasts a minutes at most.

Mine are from MB skin (Mirca Bekkers). I have lots of the eyes from them. My other favorites are Amacci, Umedama Holic and so on. My issue with sl eyes in general is the white of the eyes are bit too light and irises are bit too large.

Some creators make the irises and pupils longer than they are wide to cut down the psycho stare. lol

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

Mine are from MB skin (Mirca Bekkers). I have lots of the eyes from them. My other favorites are Amacci, Umedama Holic and so on. My issue with sl eyes in general is the white of the eyes are bit too light and irises are bit too large.

Some creators make the irises and pupils longer than they are wide to cut down the psycho stare. lol

You have really realistic looking eyes. I noticed that right away.

I'm so glad you all know what I meant by psycho stare...so it's not  just me. Sometimes when  my head leans back my eyes have a look of "I'm going to kill you now"

I have dozens of eyes. I go through a period with Mayfly eyes now. You can get them in standard eyes and mesh eyes. 

The only way to have eyes wih two different colors, is to wear mesh eyes or prim eyes. Most of the newer eye makers have stopped to use the totally bright whites, and offer some natural shading. Mayfly has 4 different shadings of white, and on their mesh eyes, you click and resize them. Their eyes have a smaller and more realistic iris and pupil, I think. Also lots of different colors.

Other eye makers I like and recommend is Aphotic Gloom and Poetic Color eyes. 

I think the "psycho" look is going to be there regardless of what eyes you use, it's a combination of the head bent back and your eyes trying to stare forward or following the mouse cursor. ;)

Fix the psycho stare, if you have a perfect pose and will take a picture, but your eyes is moved in a weird angle? This is the gadget! https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AnyPose-Expression/2613652

Make your eyes look straight into the camera, or look away in a mysterious way. You can even ask to control another avatars eyes, if you take pictures with them. This is priceless, and best of all, free!

I love the eyes Skye McArdle makes. She's been making photorealistic eyes since 2006. There was a review long ago in one of the fashion blogs, basically saying they were too realistic for their taste lol. I especially love her black eyes. They look very good on Asian avatars.

This is what I have, using Aphotic Gloom eyes. I found them easy to fit, but I imagine it can be difficult depending on your avi. Prims can be a pain, but I love the look.

eyes_001.jpg

Aphotic Gloom Aquilius Eyes, Special Edition #1 - Left is Rebel, right is Tirablue. The pack, with 4 different colors, was $199L. The base eye I'm using is the tirablue one from that pack, but you can't see it anyway.

You can check out all kinds of places that sell prim eyes. That's the only requirement - the eyes must be prim. Aphotic Gloom's eyes do tend to be somewhat subtle in terms of color. They do have some that would give a more pronounced difference, though. I bought these recently from PIGMENTS:

Eyes 2_001.jpg

I like them, although the realism isn't as good, for me. I'll probably stick with Aphotic Gloom. Just hunt around for some that make you happy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.