Tight skirt prims?

Mickiana Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm in the process of making a tight skirt. I've bought skirts where they make shorts and then give a skirt prim to add on and fill in the gap between the legs...

Thats what I'm trying to make but... I have no idea how. Do i buy a sculpty? Or do i make my own? I tried building/making my own, but when i push it close to the shorts on my avatar.. she moves back -.-

Any help please?

2 answers to this question

This may seem like an obvious point, but...are you wearing the prim you're trying to adjust? I accidentally dropped a prim sleeve one day, and not realizing I had dropped it but thinking I had moved it, I tried to move it back. My avi kept moving away! Eventually I found out she wasn't wearing it, and that was why. Try attaching the prim to the point you want it to be worn on the avi, then adjust it.

ETA: I agree with Chic - the two-part ones are generally better. It's easier to get those to fit in front AND back. It's important that you make it modifiable, though.

There are several ways to make those prims for skirts. Personally I hate most all of them *wink*. BUT a good way to see how they are made is simply to wear one from your wardrobe and inspect it. Some are just oval. Some are two parts of ovals (hollowed and cut cylinders) attached to a root prim in the center. Some are sculpties but most often those "become" the skirt rather than fill in the space.

The two cylinder type seem to work better as those in the know and with some skills can adjust them as needed.

When you have your skirt piece partly made you need to ATTACH it to your body, usually spine or stomach. The root prim (the last one you clicked before linking) will be attached to that area. From there you move the individual prims (using edit linked prim) and rotate as needed.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.