Sign in to follow this  
Lynna Yorcliffe

problem removing prims from land

I rezzed a coalesced object on some land we rented (mainland) and several items are extremely tiny, with the name 'node'. I have no idea what to do about them they are too small to see, and only in Imprudence can I locate their exact location in object area search by right clicking the node listing and choosing edit.

which puts the item in edit mode however its too small to click and choose take or delete or return, and its not modify so I cant resize it. I dont know what they were for, I can see the creators profile who seems to be taking a break from SL currently.

Is there any object area search tool that will allow me to delete or return a object in the list - through the list controls ? The only other way I can think of is to ask the owner to go in region settings and make a list of top scripts, sort by my name and return all those named node. But I hate to ask them to do this if there is another way.  Seems nothing is built into SL VIewer 3 for addressing problems like this. (?)

If you have access to the owner's land tools, you can do what the estate owner can on your parcel, if you use the newer viewers.  Just hit the Script Info button.

There are object locators that can find objects in parcels if you can name them.  I have one.  I'll help you if you wish.  IM me if you want me to.  Have you tried zooming imn really close while in edit mode?  Alson, you can select by surrounding and take them.

I used imprudence to find them in the located and go into edit mode. I actually had it in edit mode but you cant go from that to 'take' or return'. it keeps selecting the house and floor instead of the nodes. Really a pain , 65 of those stupid things. I have finally written the owner to see if he can go in the estate manager settings and look at the top scripts, sort them by the name and return all with my name attached. HOPEFULLY he can do this but WHY OH WHY wont LL add something in the viewer that would allow you to delete any item you own, by name? in a list rather than have to select it in the virtual world. It would be such a cleaner SL if we could remove stuff easier. Thanks for the offer and if the owner cant or doesnt get back to me I may take you up on your offer. Thank you