secondlife/youtube abuse?

Daphniii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys i have a question, someone i know is being harassed on secondlife by certain people...but these people are basically doing it via youtube....as in getting on youtube and making threats of revealing real life info...its clearly secondlife as it is there avatars and them on mic ...would this be considered evidence to report them for abuse? is this against TOS that there using second life likeness to promote.....this kind of behaviour? could linden labs take down there channel as the entire thing is like a 'show' ....just wondering thanks for all input!

LL only controls second life..unless they were using the second life trademark or something like that..

but LL really only bothers with things on their own site and grid that have to do with users harrasing users..outside of their business they look at as none of their business unless it involves their business hehehe

This is something for Youtube to handle, they have their own rules. See especially http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines --

Things like predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, intimidation, invading privacy, revealing other people’s personal information, and inciting others to commit violent acts or to violate the Terms of Use are taken very seriously. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from YouTube.

So it would be best to take it up with them.

well avatars featured in these particular videos havent been asked for there permission also alot of residents names have been used aswell without consent, they make money from these videos on youtube from subscribers so how would one go about reporting this to linden labs to see....as i do believe there using second life's likeness to make money...and it shouldnt be the case....

Looking at the YouTube TOS, this seems to fall under their list of probibited things.  Either under the harrasment and stalking prohibition, and maybe under an infringement of copyrights too..  I'd encourage anyone talked about or whose avatars or creations are in the videos without permission to file a complaint with YouTube.  If they agree the people that posted the vids will be banned as well as the vids removed.

SL also has a policy about machinima.  If you make a machinima on ANY sim but one you or the Lindens own, you MUST have the owners specific permission unless it is in the covenant that its permitted.  This applies even if the sim is public access.  So check that out and if permission was not granted, file an AR with LL too.

Finally you may want to speak to RL law authorities about this, as many countries or other goverment entities have laws protecting people from abuse harrasment and stalking .

Nina Stepford wrote:

speaking of abuses, why is cerise permitted to blatantly flaunt a link to a non-linden website that offers goods or services without reprimand? i thought it had already been established that this was punishable by banning.

because Cerise was not spamming or soliciting or advertising for you tube or herself or her service or product or self promotion ect?

only posting a helpful link for the op..

from the community guielines       

Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.

Note: It is OK to have a signature line with a link to your Second Life profile or information about your Second Life business.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Nina Stepford wrote:

speaking of abuses, why is cerise permitted to blatantly flaunt a link to a non-linden website that offers goods or services without reprimand? i thought it had already been established that this was punishable by banning.

because Cerise was not spamming or soliciting or advertising for you tube or herself or her service or product or self promotion ect?

only posting a helpful link for the op..

from the community guielines       

Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising:
Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum.
Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.

Note: It is OK to have a signature line with a link to your Second Life profile or information about your Second Life business.

(emphasis added)

You Tube offers a service for sure.  So that looks like a technical violation.  LL designed (or included..) a feature to link you tube videos so there's an implied exemption maybe.  In any case the 'we moderate at our discretion' clause trumps all.

that could be read a couple of different ways..

Do not reference other websites "that are"  offering any product or service.

or ..hey you buddy..Do not reference other websites offering any product or service of yours.

the title of the guideline is spamming,soliciting and advertising..

Cerise wasn't spamming or advertising or soliciting for you tube..

sometimes when i get confused with the definition or fall into a gray blurry part of it..i just look at the title and it helps me to understand where LL is leading in their meaning..

LL only controls what goes on in their service for example.

1. In Second Life. 2. On Second Life Forums. 3. On anything owned by Linden Lab.

Outside of Linden Lab Servers, I can do anything I want and Linden Lab won't do anything period.

For example if this person is making terroristic threats, or threats to disclosure Real Life information then you could always file a complaint with YouTube, or LawEnforcement if you feel that your life is in danger, unless you want to go get a court order and sue but that is about all you can do, otherwise this person may choose to make hundreds of YouTube accounts and post the video causing even more problems, and nothing that can be done as IP blocks are easy to avoid.

Always assume that everything in Second Life maybe recorded by someone who is around you, Text, Audio, or Video, even if the rules restrict it there is nothing to stop it.

It is up to the service which hosts the video such as YouTube, FaceBook, MetaCafe, Myspace, etc. if they will do any action, or remove such content, Linden Lab really can't do anything unless it occurs in Second Life they might do something if they catch people linking direct links to grief a person, spread rumors etc. But thats about the only way

** All I have to say is play your cards carefully, and you can really get your Revenge on some.**

(A Good Example)

The way I play my game ;)

Then there are some dumb people in games that would consider things to be blackmail or a threat for example a person is being griefed, trolled, or gets pissed off at someone, and then the person responds with a comment like Go away unless you want serious problems, or something like mess with me I will mess with you, or even things like BlackMail, you do this, or I will do this. In other words don't be stupid, and play your cards carefully, if I for one say I am going to do something, then I do it. I have seen Abusive GM's in Second Life who caused serious issues with me many times, Over months I collected logs of abuse, and finally gave them a choice solve the dispute or they went on public blogs outside LL Jurisdiction they didn't so they all went public, can LL do anything Nope. In other words they would say Just mute the person, and don't respond. Was what I did wrong, I don't believe so because I was griefed by these people first, and responded by playing my cards carefully. Did I threaten, or Blackmail, in my eyes nope, but to others yes, I run my own cards and play my way. "In fact I will say this person told me ( SL Can go to hell in a war.), and the other person sent me IM's filled full of foul language, spammed my email with hateful comments using LSL Scripted objects, so yup I have my reasons for what I do, and its not just something I do to break the TOS/CS, or a privacy violation on someone. In fact There are others who do the same thing."

Oh and really I never forget serious business, so don't expect me oh this person will forget, nope never until the dispute is solved which was started by their own people I never forget, and if you expect me to even try to forget and have something good to say then they would solve this dispute I have asked nicely qutie a few times before drama came heh.

If they want to get a court order to have those logs, or stuff removed then they are more than welcome because I will take them to court for everything I have on their members griefing me which happens to be a lot so good luck, and good luck removing the posts that have been posted, edited, reposted hundreds of times from hundreds of different IP addresses once the data is on the internet there is no stopping the train.

Oh and Drama, usually takes two, or more to create drama.

One to start it the other to finish it then from there it turns into a game of Cat & Mouse, then from there it can involve your friends, Groups, etc. But that all depends on the situation how bad the drama is and if you do not solve it and come to an agreement otherwise it can go on and on forever and ruin your SL life. I guess you could say been there played that game at least 3, maybe 4 times with different groups of people who started the drama first, but overall I would say I know more groups that I have had no issues with than 3-4 groups run by griefers, and some sim owners in Second Life that support corrupted GM's, besides I exposed them all for what they did, and advised everyone to stay out of their sims with proof of such until they solve the dispute and for the most part I would say that it has been a success. I do not like Drama, or having to do such, but when I get attacked, or griefed first I will respond.

While people should Respect Rules, and be be nice, there is no reason why anyone should have to take crap from a corrupted GM in any sim.

There is also no reason a person should knowingly be part of a group of Griefers in Second Life either as doing such earns you a bad name as well, and when I find myself part of a group like this turning to griefing I leave if they dont deal with it. I have left 3 or more groups within the past years that had griefers in them, and exposed them.

So bottom Line is I can't imagine how many times I got Abuse Reported to LL for posting Logs, and evidence outside of LL Jurisdiction, or passing such to a friend of griefers spreading rumors and dealing with RP issues like this, but really I couldn't care because I played the game correctly I came out of it with a Full House, and proved that they were the ones in fact griefing so to me it was a Epic Win ;).

And Yup I was threatend with Lawyers before too, guess what they never came and the people who owned the sims that were supporting griefing finally left the grid too so that was a victory too. ( And by griefers I mean these guys were CopyBotting stuff from people I knew so much, and I had dozens of snapshots of this and still do somewhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.