Troubles with my av appearance

Kaerii Grantham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, recently got a new computer and a new video card. computer is an HP pavillion p6, amd dual core 2.4g processor, 6g ram, win7 64bit. .video card is an nvidea geforce gt430.everything works fine when i play everquest2 but in second life all i see of my av is an empty head of hair with eyes and sometimes teeth floating inside of it, and shoes, the rest of the avatar is invisible. i have read on here others saying they use the same card and it looks fine so i was wondering if anyone might have an idea what is wrong here?

Yours is a little different then mine....when it happens to me, it just affects my head/face, my body is AOK :)  It happens when I use both Firestorm and the official viewer.

Hopefully someone will be along to give better advice/tips.  I'll do a little research in the meantime and see if I can come across anything...

Kaerii Grantham wrote:

thank you kylie for sending me to that other thread, seems to be caused by running sl in my secondary monitor rather than the main one, i am inworld now, sl on the main screen and everything works ok

Yay!  Good to know...

This morning is did it to me again...I removed the tattoo layer and it fixed it.  IDK, sometimes SL is wonky :(

Ghoul_001.png

The alpha Layer ( generally for shoes) is getting corrupted from what I've found. and I have a hunch that they might even be conflicting with the newer Tattoo add abilities.

I had to switch out 3 different shoe alpha layers and remove any hair tattoo layers to resolve this, besides clearing cache manually ( which i prefer to do).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.