Uploading mesh crashes SL

Sophia Trefusis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can upload a rigged shirt....i can upload a rigged skirt.

But I cant put them together to make a dress without SL crashing on me as soon as I check the "skin weight" box. Up until then everything is all right the green "ship it!" symbol appears and no dae parsing issues.

I have tried in both Phoenix and Firestorm but the same thing happens. I crash.

This really making me irritated because I thought I was finally getting somewhere with all this mesh buisness. :(

Used both a rig where the mesh parts are joined(ctrl+J) and one where they are unjoined.

Thankful for any help.

Have you checked how many material zones you are using, and whether your LOD meshes have the same number of materials? The fact you can upload each separately hints that there might be issues there (just a thought).

Dependent on the viewer version, mismatched materials can cause crashes when using the uploader. From my own experience, when I selected LOD meshes that didn't match the main mesh in regards to the number of materials used (due to oversights in my modeling), it would bomb me out to the desktop every time.

Possibly when you combined your two meshes (shirt and skirt) into one, it's done something with your materials. I'd suggest checking in that direction - see if the total number of materials is eight or below, and that your LOD meshes have the same number of materials. If you have MORE than eight materials in the combined mesh, that could be your problem as well.

To try and narrow down the error, I would also suggest uploading the mesh as a pure, unrigged version on the Aditi test grid - just in case it's the rigging causing the problem.

Don't give up though - mesh can be a pain when it doesn't want to work, but it's well worth persevering with! :matte-motes-smile:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.